WhatsApp looks at the phone numbers in your address book then checks to see which of those numbers are verified in WhatsApp. This allows any WhatsApp users from your address book to appear in the WhatsApp contacts.
So don’t be surprised if you get the below Security Warning that says WhatsApp is trying to access your contact list on your Xiaomi phone. On this screen, you can tap Allow. And, if you don’t wish to see this warning anymore, select the Remember my choice option.
If you wish to allow WhatsApp to access your contacts before getting all these pop-ups, follow these steps:
- On your Xiaomi phone, find and launch the Security app.
- Tap Permission.
- Tap Manage App Permissions. Note: Permission Manager has to be turned on before you can select Manage App Permissions.
- Tap the Apps tab.
- Find and tap the WhatsApp app.
- Tap Contacts and then select Allow.
Note: The steps here were written for a Xiaomi device running MIUI V5. If you’re having a different version of MIUI, there’s a possibility that the steps and screenshots will be different.
* Last updated by Ethan at .