We all know the feeling when someone pops up in your WhatsApp inbox “demanding” for you to send them your latest status updates. Or maybe even you have been on the attacking side, pestering someone for that minion quote or funny meme or GIF that Calvin posted.
Well….. finally, here’s a solution to that problem…..
Thanks to ES File Explorer, you can retrieve anyone’s status updates as long as you have viewed them for no extra data usage. Just follow these simple instructions.
- Download the latest version of ES, if you haven’t done so already on Google Play.
- Open the app and swipe right to view the sidebar.
- Scroll down until your see a switch labeled “Show hidden files”.
- Tap it.
- Go to Internal Storage/WhatsApp/Media/.Statuses
In the .Statuses folder you’ll find every one of your contact’s status updates that you have viewed. The only step left to take is to copy these files into their own folder so that they can be viewed in the gallery. In this example, we’re going to move all the images and videos in the .Statuses folder.
- Tap and hold one image or video file in the folder.
- Tap “Select all” in the top bar.
- Select the “Copy” command in the bottom bar.
- Navigate back to Internal Storage
- Create a new folder and label it “Statuses”, or whatever name you choose.
- Open the folder and paste the files
- Head on over to your gallery app and you should see your newly looted goods.
Like and share this article if you found it useful. I bet you will……..