I have been trying to find ways to use my old WhatsApp number (that expired year ago) on a different ROM and it prevented me from installing new ROM or even hard resetting my phone. I am using Galaxy Note 3 N9005 and i didn’t even get the kitkat update for some reason. I got frustrated to the point that i decided to take a hunch. After a successful experiment, I have successfully installed Lollipop 5.0 on my Note 3 and still using my old WhatsApp that was registered on a number that expired year ago.
With this method you can now install a new ROM or hard reset your phone without worrying about losing your WhatsApp that is registered on a lost number or expired number. I didn’t find this method elsewhere so I am sharing this.
NOTE: I DO NOT TAKE ANY RESPONSIBILITY IN CASE THIS METHOD DOES NOT WORK. ALTHOUGH TESTED IT SEVERAL TIMES ON SEVERAL DEVICES AND SEEMS TO WORK FINE BUT ANYWAYS IT WON’T BREAK YOUR PHONE.
Things you need:
- Rooted Phone
- Titanium Backup (Free version will do the job) Get this on PlayStore
Follow the instructions:
- Install Titanium Backup
- Run Titanium Backup
- Press menu key, you will see
- Scroll down and select “Backup all user apps + system data and touch “Run”
- Touch Deselect All
- Scroll down and look for WhatsApp
- Check mark the box right next to it and touch Check mark on the top right of screen
- Once backup it’s successful you will get the notification
After you have installed a new ROM or Factory reset your phone, you can restore WhatsApp
Follow instruction from 1 to 3 and continue below