“I lost all data in my Samsung Galaxy S7! I didn’t mean to reset my phone but I really tapped the factory reset button incautiously. What should I do? Is there any way to help me recover the data? The contacts and messages in my Android phone are very important for me. Jesus! Can anybody help me? Thanks.”
“There are many junk files occupied my Android phone, and I tried many times to clear them all, but I failed. I was so upset as the mobile phone ran slower and slower. So, after backing up the important data in my phone, I did the factory reset. The bad news is that, I forgot to back up some photos which are also very important for me. Is there any chance to retrieve Android photos after factory reset?”
We gathered the questions about how to recover data from Android phone after factory reset. Android phone is popular for its convenience and multiple features. However, factory reset function always makes people confused.
- Part 1. What is Factory Reset?
- Part 2. Why Factory Reset function exists? Is there any benefit for Android users?s
- Part 3. How to recover Android data after factory Reset?
Part 1. What is Factory Reset?
Any Android phone has the factory reset function, including the popular Samsung Galaxy S6/S5/S4, HTC One, Sony and more. Factory Reset function (or master reset) can clear up all data (contacts, messages, call logs, photos, pictures, apps, etc.) on Android phone and the phone will automatically restart to its original state.
Factory Reset function on your Android phone can only wipe the data from internal storage, and it won’t erase the data or apps stored on external storage card.
Part 2. Why Factory Reset function exists? Is there any benefit for Android users?
Under these conditions, the Factory Reset function often happens:
1. Resell or donate your old Samsung Galaxy S3 or S4;
2. Your HTC G2 becomes very slow and you do not have any effective solutions;
3. You fail to kick out your phone from Android recovery mode;
4. You may want to reset your Sony Experia as it is frozen for update failure;
5. Your finger gets wrong operation or you son or your pet fidding with your phone.
After factory reset, all contacts, photos, videos, and other data will be wiped. So, don’t try to tap this button if you do not mean to clear up all data on your Android phone.
For those who get phone to factory data reset accidentally or wrongly, you can keep reading to recover deleted data after factory reset.
Part 3. How to recover Android data after factory Reset?
If you did not make Android backup, then you have to use some recovery tools to help you recover Android data. Even though there are many recovery tools including online programs, it is not easy to choose a suitable one. In addition, you should pay attention to the free recoverable tools which may be infected with virus. With improper tool, you may fail to get your contacts and messages back, and what is worse, your Android phone may be damaged.
Aiseesoft Android Data Recovery has done a good job for recovering Android data after factory reset. It scans your Android phone to find all recoverable data including the existing files and the deleted ones. Before retrieving, you are allowed to preview the contacts, messages, photo one by one and you are able to decide which one need to be recovered. And one Recover button enables you to recover all your lost data on your Android phone.
Free download this Android Data Recovery to your computer.
- Connect Android phone with your computer via USB cable.
- When connection is OK, choose the file which you want to recover to scan.
- Preview the files and click the Recover button to save data to PC.
1. This software works well for almost all Android phones, like Samsung Galaxy S7/6/5, Samsung Galaxy Note Edge/Note, HTC, LG, Moto X, Moto E, Moto G, Xperia, huawei, Xiaomi and more.
2. After making Android factory reset, do not operate your phone, like receiving any calls or messages. Otherwise the deleted files may be overwritten.
3. Factory reset is not bad. Some times, if you want to do factory reset on phone purposely for speeding Android phone or cleaning storage, you had back up Android phone to save all useful data.
This software also get its great upgrade to let you recover data from system cracked, password-forgot phone. Check this post to recover data from cracked Samsung.