Why are all the audio files that I received via WhatsApp show up in my Play Music app? How can I remove them from my Play Music app?
Play Music will scan your device for all the music files and load them in the app automatically.
If you do not want your WhatsApp audio files to show up in Play Music, you can place a .nomedia file in the WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Audio folder. When the Play Music app detects the .nomedia file, it will not scan the folder for any media files.
To create a .nomedia file in the WhatsApp Audio folder, follow these steps:
- Download ES File Explorer from the Google Play Store.
- Use ES File Explorer to open the WhatsApp/Media/WhatsApp Audio folder.
- Tap the Menu button in the upper-right corner, and then select New.
- Select File.
- Enter the filename “.nomedia”, and then tap OK.
Note: There are several ways to create a .nomedia file in a folder. The above steps of using ES File Explorer is one way that I find particularly easy.
* Last updated by Ethan at .