Definitely, most of you know about WhatsApp messaging app, it is one of the best and most used instant chat apps for business and personal smartphones. It became more famous after Facebook acquired it. As you aware that it is built only for smartphone Operating Systems such as iOS, Android, Windows Phone and Blackberry OS, officially it will not work on computers. Even installing and making it work on tablets require few additional steps. This simple guide explains to you how to install WhatsApp on Windows 10, Windows 8.1/7 and Mac OS X such as macOS, El Capitan, and Mountain Lion.
Basically, it will be running inside the Google Chrome browser like IMO. It will be the mirror of your smartphone’s WhatsApp app, therefore your smartphone should be online (connected to the internet) to be able to use WhatsApp on the web browser. That means, the smartphone and web app will be paired and the app on the browser will be working through the smartphone.
If you have an Android or other smartphones (except iPhone as of now) with a camera and activated WhatsApp on the same phone, then you are good to go.
Head down to official WhatsApp website and scan the QR code from the WhatsApp app. Make sure you have the latest version of WhatsApp to get this option. On my Nexus 5 Android 5.2 Lollipop, the option is available as below.
Once you have scanned the QR code through the app by phone (where you have an active and working WhatsApp), then you will be redirected quickly to a neat WhatsApp Messenger app in the Google Chrome browser.
If you can’t use the above method for any reasons, here is another way by using Android emulator.
Requirements to Install WhatsApp on Windows 10/8.1 PC
2) A mobile phone which can receive international SMS (we will be using this phone to verify and activate WhatsApp on Windows 10/8.1)
1) Make sure you have the working Android emulator Bluestacks on your PC. We have successfully installed Bluestacks on Windows 10 and tested. Please follow this guide to download and install Bluestacks on Windows 10 and 8.1
Search for WhatsApp messenger, download and install it.
3) Accept the app permission dialog box and continue the installation.
How to Activate WhatsApp on Windows 10 or 8.1/7
As usual, the automatic verification process will not work here because Windows 10 computer can’t receive the verification SMS and get activated automatically. Wait for some time, you will receive the verification SMS on the mobile phone.
Check out our best collection of Android file manager app you must have!
As we did on Windows OS, first we need to install Android emulator before installing WhatsApp on Mac OS X. This method will work on most of the Mac Operating Systems including El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks and Mountain Lion as long as Bluestacks works on your Mac. The following demonstration had been done on OS X 10.9 Mavericks with MacBook Pro Retina display.
2) Install Bluestacks Android emulator on Mac OS X as shown in our earlier guide.
4) Installation is easy as doing it on smartphone. After completion, open the app and start configuring. Enter the phone number which you have to receive activation SMS.
5) WhatsApp will try to activate via SMS. Since the Bluestacks or Mac OS X can’t receive any SMS, the automatic SMS activation will fail. By the time you would have received the activation code on the mobile phone.