By this feature end-to-end encrypted, your messages, photos, videos, voice messages, and calls are secured from falling into the wrong hands. This is because your messages are secured with a lock, and only the recipient and you have the special key needed to unlock and read them. Even messages will not be stored on whatsapp server so this means whatsapp and third parties can’t even read them.
- Open WhatsApp application.
- Now open your friend/group chat for whom you want to check whether you are encrypted or not.
- Tap on the name of contact or group to open the contact info/group info screen.
- If you and your friend are at one place together then you can scan the other’s QR code or you can easily compare the 60 digit number as it will be same between you and your friend.
- If you scan the QR code, and the code is indeed the same, a green check mark will appear. Since they match, you can be sure no one is intercepting your messages or calls.
- If you and your friend are not present at same place mean if you are not together, you can send them 60 digit number for this you can use SHARE button from the QR code screen on top right corner there is a sharing button you can send the number via SMS or E-mail, etc.
- And thenafter you got to contact info your friend/relative and there you can check encryption option and there will be a lock symbol if it is blue in color and locked that means it is encrypted and if it is black in color and not locked that means your are not encrypted.
If you didn’t from above steps you just follow the below given images