Free Download Whatsapp for PC
In this tutorial we will cover how to use WhatsApp Web Client with your iPhone.
WhatsApp is a mobile messenger app that allows you to send SMS text messages for free from anywhere.
The Popularity of WhatsApp
WhatsApp has quickly become one of the most popular messaging applications out there. It has become so popular that WhatsApp is estimated to be used by more than 500 million people.
Most of these people love the WhatsApp app so much that they have installed in on several devices. With many people installing WhatsApp onto their iPhone, PC, and Mac devices.
Ultimately, WhatsApp is so popular, because of the great features that WhatsApp provides.
You can easily download WhatsApp for PC ?
The WhatsApp Desktop App
One of the great features that WhatsApp has, which has made it even more popular is the ability to use WhatsApp on your desktop PC. Being able to use WhatsApp on your PC allows far more people to access the WhatsApp app.
For example, people that do not have an iPhone or Android based smartphone, previously had no way to use the WhatsApp app.
But, now that they can use it on their Desktop PC, these non-smartphone users have a way to use WhatsApp. Essentially, these people can now get many of the capabilities that they would have on their smartphone, on their desktop PC.
Another reason why the WhatsApp desktop app is making WhatsApp even more popular is that it comes with all of the great features that the original WhatsApp app offers.
Features of WhatsApp on PC
The original WhatsApp app that is available for smartphone users and the WhatsApp web desktop app that you can use on your PC are both so popular because of the awesome features that they offer.
Why you should use WhatsApp for PC ?
The great features that are available on both versions of WhatsApp, include:
- Free text, video, and picture messaging.
- You can send and receive messages over your Wi-Fi internet connection.
- You can make free calls over the app on either your phone or PC, to anyone around the world.
- There are group chat options, so that you can communicate with several people at one time.
- The app can be used on both your phone and computer at the same time. And the two devices can be synced so that any settings changes or conversations will be instantly duplicated across all of your devices.
- You can make calls and send messages internationally, at no charge.
- You can connect the app to the contacts that are already on your device.
- Receive offline notifications whenever you receive a message. This is particularly helpful with the desktop app because you can still receive messages even if you are not using your PC.
Using WhatsApp on Your PC
In addition to on your phone, you can also use WhatsApp on your PC. And if you already have the WhatsApp app installed on your iPhone, using WhatsApp on your PC is even easier.
All you need to do to after the download WhatsApp for PC on Windows 7/8 is follow this step-by-step guide.
Prerequisites to use WhatsApp Web on PC
Before you install WhatsApp Web on your PC, you should make sure that your PC meets all of the requirements. This way you know that the app will always run as smoothly as possible. These requirements include:
- The latest Version of WhatsApp installed on your iPhone
- The Chrome, Safari, Firefox, or Opera web browsers installed on your PC or Mac
- A reliable internet connection
How to setup and Use WhatsApp Web Client with iPhone
Once you are sure that your computer meets all of the requirements, you are ready to use the WhatsApp web client and get download WhatsApp for PC.
The official WhatsApp web client, simply called WhatsApp Web; is the easiest way to use WhatsApp on your PC. All you need to do to install WhatsApp Web onto your PC is follow these steps:
- Go to the WhatsApp Web Client website and a QR code will appear on the screen
- Open WhatsApp on your iPhone, click on the “Settings” tab
- Click on “WhatsApp Web” and a one-time-only QR code scanner will appear
- Now all that you need to do is use the scanner on your iPhone (from step 3) to scan the QR code (from step 1)
Once your iPhone finishes processing the QR code, click “OK, GOT IT” on your iPhone and the web client will automatically log you in and copy the information from your iPhone to your PC.
When the WhatsApp Web Client installs WhatsApp onto your browser, it also copies your data onto your PC.
Download WhatsApp for PC (Windows 7/8) Computer
Thereby creating a mirror image of the WhatsApp app on your iPhone. So, if you are already familiar with the app, then you can immediately start using WhatsApp on your PC.
How to Enable and Configure Desktop Alerts
One of the awesome features of WhatsApp is the desktop alerts feature.
Desktop alerts are exactly what they sound like – if somebody sends you a message a widget will appear on your desktop to let you know that somebody has sent you a message.
Even if the browser that you are using to run WhatsApp Messenger Web is not currently open, you will still receive notifications that somebody has sent you a message.
Basically, this happens in the same way on your PC as it does on your phone; where you will receive notifications even when an app isn’t running.
To enable desktop configurations,
- Upon your first login, there will be a light blue banner directly beneath your profile picture. Click on “Turn on desktop notifications”
- WhatsApp will then prompt you to allow your web browser to display incoming notifications. Click the “Allow” button.
- Now go to the menu button next to your profile picture and click on “Notifications”
- From here, you can enable or disable Desktop Alerts. If you don’t want to hear an audible alert every time you receive a message, then you can even disable audible alerts. You also have the option to mute all conversations on WhatsApp for PC for any particular period of time. You will want to keep in mind that if you have mute your conversations on your PC, then you will also be muting all of your conversations on your phone.
WhatsApp and Alternative Messaging Apps
There are many messaging apps that are viable alternatives to WhatsApp. Some of these alternative apps include: Facebook Messenger, Viber, Skype, imo, LINE, WeChat, BBM, and Google Hangouts.
These apps all have many similar features. They are all free to use and simple and easy to use.
These apps can also be used on a variety of devices including both smartphones and computers. The main difference among each of these application is the different uses in which they were designed.
Skype for example is more of a calling app that also has messaging capabilities.
Whereas WhatsApp is more of a messaging app that can also be used to make calls. But ultimately, because all of these apps have similar capabilities, they can all be used in basically the same ways.
Use Whatsapp Web on your PC Now!
There are several alternative methods to install WhatsApp on your PC that don’t involve using the official WhatsApp Web client.
For example, you may use Whassapp, BlueStacks, or Andy to accomplish this task. However, if you already use WhatsApp on your iPhone, then these methods are not necessary.
In fact, it is far easier and quicker to use WhatsApp Web or WhatsApp for PC, which only requires you to scan a single QR code; than it is to use an emulator app.
Also, using these emulator apps can decouple WhatsApp from your iPhone if you register your PC as a new device.