Using WhatsApp Web client on an iPad or an iPhone is not such a difficult task. There is no need of any app to be downloaded from the iTunes store for the purpose of using WhatsApp Web on your iPad or iPhone. The only thing you need to do is to follow some simple basis steps that will lead you to using WhatsApp Web on your device.
The first step towards this is to open the desktop version of Whatsapp in safari on your iPad. There is a hidden feature of your safari browser which would help you in using WhatsApp Web on your iPhone or iPad.
These are the steps to guide you through:
- Step 1.https://web.WhatsApp.com/
Open the above URL on your iPad/iPhone. It will redirect you to the website of WhatsApp. After the site loads completely you need to simply tap on the address bar to show the recent pages that you visited, along with your bookmarks. Then slightly swipe down to see the normally ignored feature of your safari browser i.e. the option that will allow you to ‘request for a desktop site’. Once you see the option written as Request Desktop Site, tap on it.
- Step 2. Tap on the option of Request Desktop Site, and then we are ready to start off. As it would appear to you then, a WhatsApp web version will load on your iPad or iPhone after you click on the option. As the client page opens up, just follow the procedure simply as you’ll get guided through on your device just like a desktop site.
- Step 3.After you have completed the last step, there will be a QR code popping up in front of you. Scan the QR code by going into the Whatsapp web settings of your phone and once it is connected, it will be possible for you to use your iPad to chat with the help of WhatsApp Web Client.
- Step 1. Now launch WhatsApp on your iPhone or iPad. After you have launched the WhatsApp app on your phone and then tap on the Settings tab.
- Step 2. From the settings tab of your connected WhatsApp, tap on the WhatsApp web option, this opens a one-time only QR code scanner. The window on your iPhone/iPad will read: Go to web.WhatsApp.com on your computer and scan the QR code.
- Step 3. Point the web browser on your Mac or PC toWhatsApp.com which should take you to the WhatsApp Web landing page. Simply use the scanner that pops up on your phone to scan the QR code shown at the aforementioned URL. Once the iPhone processes the QR code, the Web Client will then log you in, presenting you with a rather familiar Whatsapp UI. This UI is very much of the same kind as the mobile version of the WhatsApp application.
- Step 4. If you login to WhatsApp Web on your computer or MAC for the first time, you will see a blue coloured sign right under your WhatsApp profile/display picture. Click Turn on desktop notifications. Following the previous step, you will be driven to permit the web browser to manage incoming notifications and alert you. Press the Allow button.
- Step 5. After the desktop alerts have been enabled, click on the menu-like button on the side of your profile picture and choose Notifications from the drop down menu. With this option you can permit or disable Desktop Alerts In addition to this, if you want to stop audible alerts, you can disable them, together with the option to mute all conversations on WhatsApp for a specified period of time. It is significant to make note that all conversations muted on your iPhone, will remain muted in the WhatsApp Web Client as well.
Deepak Raghav is a distinguished research consultant and writer. He is having vast experience in writing and Digital marketing and now operates his own blog myapps4pc on the regular basis.