Here’s a quick and easy guide to use the same WhatsApp account on two different devices while keeping the same mobile number.
A quick note before moving on to the guide. The “trick” works both on smartphones and tablets of any kind.
When you create a new WhatsApp account, you have to provide your phone number and wait for a text message with a code. This procedure prevents you from using the same WhatsApp account on two different phones.
Let’s move on to the step-by-step guide.
First of all, make sure both phones have an Internet connection and WhatsApp installed.
- Be sure to have WhatsApp updated to the latest version available.
- Open the second phone’s browser (Chrome, Firefox or Safari) and go to web.whatsapp.com.
- From the browser’s settings select the “desktop site” mode.
- If the desktop version has been successfully activated, you will see a QR code on the page.
- On the first phone, go to Settings > WhatsApp Web (this step will activate the QR code scanner).
- Now, scan the QR code that appears on the screen of the second phone with the first phone’s camera. It will not take much time.
- Once the scan is complete, the account of the first phone will be automatically activated on the second one.
P.S. The same procedure can be used on a tablet (iPad, etc.) instead of a phone. This way, you can have the same WhatsApp account on your phone and tablet.
Note: This technique only works with two phones that have WhatsApp installed. If you try to connect to a third mobile device, the service will need you to log out of one before proceeding.