WhatsApp’s stared message feature can be very useful if we get used to marking important messages for later reference. But what if a message we did not consider important at the time and we want to return to it later? The usual thing is to return to the conversation and look for it by moving back in the conversation, although there is a much simpler and faster way: use the message search in WhatsApp chats. A function not very well-known, but that can be tremendously useful.
We assume that the search function in WhatsApp iPhone chats is not well known for being somewhat hidden, although the truth that once discovered is very simple to use and above all very useful.
How to Search Message in WhatsApp on iPhone?
The search function within WhatsApp conversations for iPhone has been available for a long time, but still is a feature that has un-noticed.
In the following lines, we will explain how to use this function to find any messages in WhatsApp on iPhone that we have received through the messaging app. Of course, it is important to clarify that the search is only able to locate messages in the chats that we keep on the iPhone but if we have deleted them we can not retrieve them this way.
Get Whatsapp Coloured Text Status Feature For Your iPhone
Find a message between all WhatsApp Conversations on iPhone
The steps to find a message among all WhatsApp chats on iPhone are as follows:
- Open WhatsApp and go to the Chats tab.
- Slide the list of chats down and we will see that the search engine is displayed at the top.
- Type the words we want to search and see how the application shows the results as we write.
- We touch on a result that we need and WhatsApp will take us to the conversation where the specific message is and will highlight them for us to locate it even more easily (in case it is not the correct message, we just have to touch Chats up to the left to return to the last search).
Find a message in a given WhatsApp conversation on iPhone
In a recent update, WhatsApp has incorporated the ability to search within a certain conversation. This way the search becomes easier, since we will not have to review in all the conversations, but only in which we know that the message that we are looking for is the one.
To find a message on WhatsApp in a specific conversation on iPhone we must do the following:
- Open WhatsApp and access the conversation in which we want to search.
- Touch on the name of the conversation to access the information.
- Finally, touch on the option Search chat to deploy the search engine and enter the words by which we want to make the search.
Did you know the search within WhatsApp conservations on iPhone? We hope you find it useful and that now you never have more problems to locate a certain message within a chat in the popular instant messaging app.