How to take a screenshot on the Samsung Galaxy s4
For me personally one of the best things to happen to cell phones since they became portable is the ability to capture what happens on the cell phone screen. This is why I made this screenshot tutorial for the Samsung Galaxy s4.
If you run a website on Android related stuff like me or for some other reason want to do a screen dump of your Galaxy s4 you are going to want to read what comes next. This will work on both the I9500 and the I9505.
If you are looking for a way to do this on the Galaxy S5 check out our Galaxy S5 screenshot tutorial.
The first way to do a Galaxy s4 screenshot
- Press and hold the home button and the power button at the same time.
- Hold them in for about a second or two.
- Your screen will now flash and make a sound to let you know that the screenshot is taken.
- That’s it. If it was helpful why not
This is by far the easiest way of doing it, but Samsung Has included a second and more fancy way if you would like to give it a shot. Just remember that the first way as described above is by far the best and easiest to master.
Galaxy s4 screenshot the second way
- Go to your settings – my device – Motion and gestures – palm motion, and make sure that the Palm swipe to capture is ticked of.
- Put your hand on the right side of the screen making sure that it covers it from top to bottom.
- Swipe your hand across the screen to the left side.
- Your phone should now once again flash and make a sound to let you know that you have successful captured the screen.
Now that you have learned how to do a screen dump on your s4 you are most likely going to want to take a look at the pictures you have taken. To do this you could go to your gallery and enter the newly created folder, screenshot.
Another way is to pull down the notification area on your cell phone and press the thumbnails created there to take you directly to the earlier mentioned folder.
Now that you know how to screenshot on your Samsung Galaxy s4 why not check out our Backup android photos tutorial to make sure you never loose the pictures you have taken.
For those of you who like video tutorials I have added this video :
For more tutorials about this phone check out our Galaxy s4 tutorials section.
Or go directly to one of the more popular ones right here:
- How to update the Galaxy s4.
- How to update the Galaxy s4 using Kies.
- How to customize the Galaxy s4 lock screen.
- How to customize the Galaxy s4 home screen.
- How to factory reset the Galaxy s4.
- How to use split screen on the Galaxy s4.