WhatsApp is an increasingly popular messaging app available across smartphone platforms. It allows group chats, the ability to deliver large data files such as photos, videos, short voice messages and location check-ins, which completely surpasses the traditional SMS. Just like other data on your iPhone, WhatsApp chats are also important. These messages might contain valuable content or information from your family, friend, workmates and commercial partners.
If you lost or accidentally deleted your WhatsApp conversations, don’t be panic. Here are several free ways to retrieve deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhone 6S/6/SE/5S/5C/5/4S/4/3GS.
Method 1: Much Safer Way to Recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages on iPhone
Restoring WhatsApp from backups to iPhone may overwrite the current data on the device. While iPhone Recovery Free provides a much safer way to direct recover lost WhatsApp messages from iPhone, and extract WhatsApp conversations from iTunes backup without erasing data. It also allows retrieving contacts, SMS, photos from iPhone/iPad/iPod.
Steps to Retrieve Deleted WhatsApp Messages/Photos/Videos/Audio Files on iPhone:
- Launch the Free iPhone WhatsApp Recovery software on computer and check the “WhatsApp & Attachments” box.
- Connect your device to PC. It will detect both iPhone and iTunes backup file if there exists relevant one.
- Start to scan WhatsApp Chats Data from iPhone ( or iTunes backup) till it finishes.
- Preview and recover deleted or lost WhatsApp conversations you want.
Method 2: Recover iPhone WhatsApp Chat History from iCloud
WhatsApp allows iPhone users to make a backup of chats through iCloud. If you have backuped WhatsApp chats prior to deleting or losing them, you can follow these steps to recover WhatsApp chat history from an iCloud backup:
- Navigate to WhatsApp “Settings” > “Chats” > “Chat Backup” to ensure that an iCloud backup exists. (Pay attention to the “Last Backup” time to guess whether the deleted chats included in the backup or not.)
- Delete and reinstall the app searching from the App Store on iPhone.
- After verifying your phone number, follow the on-screen prompts to restore your chat history.
Note: The phone number used for backing up and restoring must be the same. You cannot restore the chat history from another WhatsApp account.
Method 3: Restore WhatsApp data from iPhone Entire Backups
If you have backed up your iPhone entire data using iTunes or iCloud before, you may be able to retrieve your WhatsApp chats by restoring your iPhone from a previous iPhone backup. Learn more details about restoring your iPhone from an iCloud or iTunes backup to get your lost WhatsApp chats back.
Never Lose WhatsApp Again: An Easy Way to Backup WhatsApp Messages It is always a good habit to regularly backup important data on your iPhone. WhatsApp indeed has an iCloud backup feature for its iOS users. Just read on in case that you lose WhatsApp chats again. Go to WhatsApp “Settings” > “Chats” > “Chat Backup” and tap “Back Up Now” to manually backup your chats. Alternative: Enable automatic, scheduled backups by tapping “Auto Backup” and choosing your backup frequency.