“When I was trying to disable my contact’s iCloud function, accidentally I clicked the bottom of erase the contacts from iPhone. How can I have my contacts back?”
The one thing that iPhone users fear most is losing contacts. However, we may occasionally lose contacts due to various reasons, such as, accidental deletion, virus attack, iOS upgrade, factory settings restore, jailbreak, etc. How to restore contacts on iPhone? Don’t worry. Here we’ll cover four ways to help you restore contacts on iPhone 7 Plus/7/6S Plus/6S/6 Plus/6/5S/5/4S/4/3GS, read through each of them and choose the one that works best for you.
Method 1: Recover Deleted iPhone Contacts via iTunes
You can recover deleted contacts from iPhone if you’ve a very recent iTunes backup.
- Connect your iPhone to computer using an USB cable and launch iTunes.
- Tap on your device and click “Summary”, then click “Restore from Backup”.
- Select the desired iTunes backup and click “Restore” to get contacts back.
Method 2: Restore Contacts on iPhone from iCloud
If your contacts were synced with iCloud, you can sign into iCloud and restore deleted contacts via iCloud easily.
- Go to Settings > iCloud on your iPhone and turn off Contacts.
- When the popup message comes up, press “Keep on My iPhone”.
- Then turn on Contacts and tap “Merge”. Wait for a while. You should see the deleted contacts back on your iPhone.
Method 3: Retrieve Contacts from iPhone through Google
If you’ve saved contacts to your Google account, you can restore them to iPhone.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars > Add Account.
- Choose Microsoft Exchange and enter your name, email address, and password, then hit “Next”.
- Ensure Contacts is turn on. Then tap Save to sync/restore the contacts to iPhone.
Method 4: Restore Contacts on iPhone without Backup
Though iTunes and iCloud offers easy ways to restore contacts from iPhone, the existing data on your iPhone would be replaced by the backup and the new contacts you haven’t backed up will be wiped. Therefore, you’d better make use of a third party tool to recover deleted contacts in a safe way. Here Jihosoft iPhone Data Recovery is recommended.
This tool is fairly easy to use. Just connect your iPhone to PC, the iPhone Contacts Recovery software will directly scan your iPhone and find out the contacts without backup. Also, if you lost your iPhone, the program allows you to extract data you want from an iTunes backup without the need to connect your iPhone to computer. Meanwhile, iPhone text messages recovery is possible with the software as well.
Free download the program and follow this step-by-step guide to have a try.