Posted July 3, 2016 by Lê Hoàng in Internet
By default in WhatsApp, the time that you were last active is visible to everyone. Therefore, your friends know when you are online and whether or not you are ignoring their messages. Fortunately, you can hide this information from everyone by turning off a simple option inside the WhatsApp app. Here is how to do it.
Hiding your last seen status can be helpful when you do not want to talk to other people and when you do not want them to know that you are still using the service. This setting is editable you can toggle it on or off, depending on your circumstances or mood.
Even though an Android phone is used to illustrate the steps in this tutorial, the same steps work on iPhone.
The downside of hiding your last seen status is that you will not be able to check your friends’ last seen status.
How to Hide WhatsApp Last Seen Status
1. Open the app drawer, and launch WhatsApp.
2. Inside WhatsApp, tap the 3-dots icon at the top right of the screen to open the menu, and then select Settings. For iOS Whatsapp, you tap the Settings tab at the bottom of the screen.
3. In the Settings screen, select the Account option. It should be located at the very top of the list.
4. Select Privacy.
5. Tap on the Last Seen option, and set it to Nobody. By default, it is set to Everyone, which means people who have your phone number will be able to check to see the last time you were online even if you have not included them in your contact list.
6. Wait for WhatsApp to sync the setting to the server. Once the loading animation completes, this change will become effective. If you ever see any error while updating this option, please try again later.