So I lost my WhatsApp chat history. Sometimes it is inconvenient to ask people send files to you again but the deleted files in WhatsApp history is really important. So how to get deleted WhatsApp chat history from android phone?
Retrieve Android WhatsApp chat history deleted less than 7 days
Get older deleted WhatsApp chat history back
Retrieving WhatsApp chat history deleted more than 7 days is more difficult. But there are still 2 methods to get it back.
Method one, get deleted WhatsApp chat history back manually
All backup files are stored in /SDcard/WhatsApp/Databases.
1. In this file folder, the current backup files are stores as “msgstore.db.crypt” or “msgstore.db.crypt5”. You can change this name to “msgstore.db.crypt.current” so you will not lose your current backup files when you retrieving your older WhatsApp history.
2. Choose the backup files you need to restore, change the file name “msgstore-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt5″ to msgstore.db.crypt5”. YYYY means year, MM means month, DD means day.
3. Uninstall your WhatsApp and reinstall it.
4. Click “Restore” to retrieve your WhatsApp chat history.
Method two, retrieve deleted WhatsApp chat history from Android device with Dr.Fone for Android.
Dr.Fone for Android support retrieve deleted files from more than 2000 Android device without backup. Here are the steps for you to get deleted WhatsApp chat history from Android devices.
1. Connect your Android devices to your computer which has installed Dr.Fone for Android.
2. Scan your device with Dr.Fone for Android.
3. Preview your WhatsApp chat history and select the files you need to restore.
4. Click “Recover” to get your deleted WhatsApp chat history back.