After copying Snapchat’s storied feature on Instagram, facebook decided to put the same story like status feature on WhatsApp. However, many people like me don’t like this new feature at all.
In this tutorial, I will show you how you can get rid of the New Status Feature and remove it completely from your WhatsApp. Although you need to have a rooted Android phone for this method to work.
- Make sure your phone is rooted.
- Download this App from Play Store: Preferences Manager
Another Simple Method
- Open your root explorer.
- Go to /data/data/com.whatsapp/shared_prefs/com.whatsapp_preferences.xml
- Open com.whatsapp_preferences.xml file with a text editor.
- Look for the line <int name=”status_mode” value=”1″ />
- Change the value from “1” to “0” so it will be like this <int name=”status_mode” value=”0″ />
- Then save the file and exit.
- That’s it!
Disable WhatsApp Status Feature Without Root
- Install GBWhatsApp and setup your WhstaApp account (you can also copy your backed up data)
- Once installed, in the WhatsApp home screen, on the top right tap on the three dots for the options.
- Choose and go to, GB Setting > 6 Other Mods.
- Now here, check on 6.8 OLD UI to diable new Status feature.
The root method works on the latest version of the WhatsApp 2.17.82 however, this method might not work in the future version of WhatsApp. If that happens then we will update you with a new method so you can bookmark this page and also subscribe to our YouTube channel for more updates.