If you’re a heavy WhatsApp user, and looking to add some spice to its bland user interface, then I have just the solution for you.In case you didn’t know, you can change the background wallpaper in the WhatsApp app, which the company calls Chat Wallpaper. You can change it with either one of the wallpaper that comes with the app or a photo from your iPhone’s camera roll.
How to change WhatsApp Chat Wallpaper on your iPhone:
- Launch the WhatsApp app.
- Tap on Settings in the tab bar at the bottom.
- Then tap on Chats.
- Then tap on Chat Wallpaper.
- Here you can select one of the default wallpapers that get shipped with the app in Wallpaper Library or any photo from your iPhone’s camera roll under Photos.
- Tap on the Wallpaper you want to set as the background to select it.
- Perspective Zoom is enabled by default, you can disable it if you don’t want the Wallpaper to be magnified. It will show you the preview with the new wallpaper along with fake chat messages, which should give you a good idea what the message conversations will look like with the new wallpaper. You can swipe to the left or right for more wallpapers from the Wallpaper Library or Photos.
- Tap on Set to set the background Wallpaper in the WhatsApp app.
That’s it. You can enjoy the new chat wallpaper in the WhatsApp app on your iPhone.