WhatsApp is a cross-platform messaging app that allows you to send messages with contacts over Internet data or Wi-Fi without having to pay for SMS. Because of this, there are more chances to get harassments or spam on WhatsApp. If you get too many messages from someone or just don’t want someone on your WhatsApp, the best way is to block people on WhatsApp.
The question is, how to block someone on WhatsApp? What happens when you block someone on WhatsApp? How to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp? If you are confused about these questions, continue to read the step-by-step guide on how to block/unblock someone on WhatsApp iPhone/Android as well as the related issues when blocking a contact on WhatsApp.
- Part 1. How to block someone on WhatsApp iPhone
- Part 2. How to block someone on WhatsApp Android
- Part 3. How to unblock someone on WhatsApp
- Part 4. Related issues on blocking someone on WhatsApp
Part 1. How to block someone on WhatsApp iPhone
You can keep a contact away from sending your messages on WhatsApp by adding the phone number to your iPhone block list. So how to block a number on iPhone X/8/7/SE/6/5/4? Here are the specific steps:
Step 1Open WhatsApp on iPhone.
Step 2From the bottom menu, tap Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked, then tap the Add New button.
Step 3You’ll see a list of all your WhatsApp contacts. Scroll thorough the list and select the person you want to block. Then you’ll find the number appears on your iPhone block list. Now you block someone on WhatsApp iPhone successfully!
Note: The method above is to specially block a contact that is in your iPhone address book. If you intend to block someone on WhatsApp that’s not your iPhone contact, go to the chat for the person, tap on the number at the top, then tap Block Contact.
Part 2. How to block someone on WhatsApp Android
Blocking someone on WhatsApp gives you the perfect solution to stop receiving messages or seeing display from someone. If you want to block a contact on Android phone, here is how block on WhatsApp:
Step 1Open WhatsApp on your Android
Step 2Tap Menu button > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked Contacts. This page displays all contacts that you have blocked on Android.
Step 3Tap the Add button in the top right, then select the contact you want to block on WhatsApp. Now you have blocked someone from WhatsApp successfully.
Note: If you want to block a number that is not saved in Android, open WhatsApp chat with the contact, tap the Block button to block someone on WhatsApp. When you receive an initial message from an unknown contact, you’ll also have the option to report spam and block the number.
Part 3. How to unblock someone on WhatsApp
For people who block someone accidently or out of impulse, don’t worry, it’s quite easy to unlock them. Here is the tutorial on how to unblock someone on WhatsApp iPhone/Android:
Step 1Follow the path: Menu Button > Settings > Account > Privacy > Blocked Contacts.
Step 2Tap and hold on the contact’s name.
Step 3Select Unlock from the pop-up menu.
Alternatively, you can simply send a message to the blocking contact and you’ll be prompted to unlock the contact.
Part 4. Related issues on blocking someone on WhatsApp
What happens when you block someone on WhatsApp?
1. After you block a contact on WhatsApp, you will not be able to message them or receive messages or calls from them.
2. Your status message update and profile photo update will not be visible to contacts you have blocked on WhatsApp.
3. Your “last seen” timestamp and “online” information will no longer be available to a blocked contact in the chat window.
4. When you block someone on WhatsApp, the contact will not be removed from WhatsApp list, nor will it remove you from the list. If you want to remove this contact from your WhatsApp, you must delete this person form Contacts by yourself.
5. After blocking on WhatsApp, even if you unlock someone later, you will not receive any messages that were sent while blocked them.
How to block someone on WhatsApp without them knowing?
Blocking someone on WhatsApp may be awkward sometime, since people can get the sign that they might be blocked when they can’t see your update or send you WhatsApp message. You might wonder, how to block someone on WhatsApp without the person knowing?
People don’t get notifications when they’re blocked, but they will eventually figure out. Unfortunately there’s not really a way of blocking someone on WhatsApp without them knowing at all. However, there is another option for you to stop getting messages without blocking them. That is, you can choose to mute that person. Technically, you will still receive messages from him/her, but it won’t pop in your notifications.
How to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp?
Taking so much about how to block a number on WhatsApp, you might start to worry that someone has done the same thing to you. Don’t panic, there are two methods for you to tell if someone has blocked you on WhatsApp:
1. Visit the profile page of the person you think has blocked you, then click on the three dots at the top right corner and go to “Pay for”. If the person has blocked you, you’ll receive a notification that’s doesn’t allow this service.
2. Create a new sample test group, and select the friend you think blocked you to the group. If your friend blocked you, you will not be able to add him/her to the group.
If I was blocked by someone, can I unblock myself?
If you have been blocked on WhatsApp by someone, there are methods to easily unblock yourself without letting him know.
To unlock yourself from someone’s WhatsApp account, you could go to Settings > Account, then click on Delete my account and enter your phone number. Open App manager in phone Setting, and uninstall the same. Once the app is completely uninstalled, restart your device and install WhatsApp again. Open the fresh WhatsApp, you can find that you have unlocked yourself from someone successfully!
In this article, we have introduced to you how to block someone on WhatsApp iPhone/Android, how to unblock someone on WhatsApp, and some related issues such as what happens when you block a contact on WhatsApp, or how to know if someone blocked you on WhatsApp… Hope this post could help you!
Blocking someone on WhatsApp can lets you avoid the messages from someone. Still similarily, if you do not want to receive someone’s calls on your phone, then learn here to block phone calls.