It is the generation of Android smart phones and the millions of apps running over. And WhatsApp holds to be the most widely used messaging app all over the world. Not just instant messaging but this app allows voice calling, file sharing, group conversations as well. This is what has made it this popular among generations.
But, all your chats hold a special place in your life. There are conversations with your best friends, your someone special and then, there are important to keep professional conversations. You just can’t afford to lose anyone of these. Well, not to worry – WhatsApp takes care of your emotions and the significance of keeping your precious conversations safe. It allows you to keep a backup of your conversations so that you don’t lose any important text ever.
How to backup your WhatsApp chats?
That’s pretty easy. You can very easily backup your WhatsApp conversations so as to have a database of messages that you can restore anytime. With so many conversations, you need to have some space on your phone to hold the backup. You can also keep a copy of the created backup file on your PC.
Follow the steps below to backup your WhatsApp conversations:
- Launch WhatsApp.
- Click on Menu > Settings > Chat Settings > Backup Conversations.
- Your message history will be backed up on your phone’s SD card.
- You can easily locate the backup file in your SD card > WhatsApp > Databases > msgstore.db.crypt
Isn’t this simple?
Now what to do with this backup file? Well, just let it be stored safely. In case, you lose your messages anytime, you can use this file to store them back.
How to Restore your WhatsApp Messages?
All that you need to do to restore your WhatsApp chats is to re-install WhatsApp on your phone. Follow the app’s instructions entering the same mobile number that you were using before. WhatsApp will itself ask you whether you are willing to restore your messages. You just need to click the Restore button. That’s it.
But what if you plan to switch to a new phone? Who does not like to switch to the latest models in the market? Everyone does but what intimidates you is that you’ll have to lose your conversations when switching to another phone. But, WhatsApp takes care of this as well. You can now transfer your WhatsApp messages from one smart phone to another.
How to transfer your WhatsApp messages from one phone to another?
For transferring your WhatsApp messages from one phone to another, you must ensure to:
- either insert the SIM you are using and use the same mobile number that you were using on your previous phone
- or, use a different mobile number on your new phone.
In case, you mess these up, your WhatsApp account associated with that mobile number will get banned or blocked. So, don’t forget to do this and then, follow the steps below.
- On your new Android phone, visit SD card. Create a folder directory: WhatsApp > Databases.
- Copy paste the “msgstore.db.crypt” titled backup file that you had created earlier in the ‘Databases’ folder.
- Now install WhatsApp on your new phone.
- Follow the app’s instruction and ensure to add a different mobile number or to insert your SIM in case, you want to use your previous number.
- WhatsApp will itself ask you to restore your messages.
- Click on the Restore button.
- Your WhatsApp messages will be transferred and restored from your old mobile to your new one.
Read : How to Stop Auto Downloading and Saving of your WhatsApp Media
This is all that you need to do. And WhatsApp will never let you lose your precious conversations, no matter how many new mobiles you keep switching to. Flaunt your style with the latest smart phone models in your hand without losing your WhatsApp chats. What can be better than that? Have fun guys!