Last modified on August 21st, 2017
To use one whatsapp account on a different device, you have two alternatives. One is to use Whatsapp web version.The another method to use whatsapp Desktop app for Windows PC or Mac OS. Both methods will let you use your account on desktop/laptop/tablet running on Windows OS or Mac OS. Till now, there is no other way to use one account of whatsapp on different phones without activating the second account. If you try to switch your account frequently to use one account on multiple devices simultaneously, Your account will be blocked. Henceforth, you cannot use your whatsapp account again. I will tell you some tricks to open the same whatsapp account on different device without rooting. You can run different whatsapp accounts on same android phone using Parallel Space apk. You can also now pin favorite whatsapp chat with update.
Method#1: using Whatsapp Web version on Second android/iOS Smartphone
- Ensure that you have an active whatsapp account on Android/iOS gadget, say Device1.
- On Device2, open Google Chrome or any other browser with in-built “Request Desktop version” feature. You can experience Vivaldi browser for your Desktop.
- Visit https://web.whatsapp.com on Device2, on which you want to run second instance of whatsapp account
- Sometimes, you are redirected to https://www.whatsapp.com. Don’t worry.
- Enable the Request Desktop Site feature to start using the same whatsapp account on different Android/iPhone.
- Then, your browser on Device2 will reload to direct you to https://web.whatsapp.com. You can able to see a QR Code on the page
- On Device1, open your Whatsapp application. You need to verify Device2 from Device1, to use the same whatsapp account on different device. You cannot proceed further without Whatsapp verification.
- In your Whatsapp application on Device1, Go to Chats Tab and tap on the three dots icon on top right hand side of the screen. Then select Whatsapp Web option. Later, tap on + icon to add new whatsapp web account.
As an alternative technique, you can mirror android screen to your PC using Vysor chrome app and control your android phone from Windows 10/8.1/7 PC. Then, you can able to use whatsapp/snapchat/any other app from your computer/tablet.
This Method is exclusively for Xiaomi smartphone users. You can use a single whatsapp account to work on two different smartphones simultaneously. This technique is tested on Xiaomi RedMi Note 3. We hope that, this whatsapp technique to verify the same account will work on Xiaomi RedMi series as well as Xiaomi Mi Series too. Once you activate the account, you can use the two accounts simultaneously without rooting your android device. Mi Mover comes as in-built app for Xiaomi Phones. Even though, Mi Mover can be downloaded from Google Playstore or iOS appstore, this trick to use same whatsapp account on different phone will not work. Mi Mover is an integrated app of Xiaomi to move app data from one Xiaomi phone to other. This method don’t require rooting your phone. We need to test if it works with Snapchat too.
- You need to have two Xiaomi based smartphones with Lollipop/marshmallow OS.
- Let the Xiaomi with active whatsapp account be Xiaomi1 and the other, Xiaomi2. Follow the below steps to set up one whatsapp account on two different Xiaomi Smartphones.
- Go to System Settings :> Additional Settings :> MI Mover on Xiaomi1 as well as Xiaomi2
- Using first Xiaomi, scan the QR code on second Xiaomi. Then both the android smartphones connect with each other using a common hot-spot.
- Now, you can select the whatsapp app and data to be sent to the second phone.
- Done! Now you can see that the same whatsapp account is activated on different device without rooting android phone.
- Mi Mover app can also be used to transfer any other android app between two devices.
Method#3: Mac Spoofing Technique or Rooting trick (not recommended)
You can check the above three methods to use same whatsapp account on two or more devices. I remind once again that there is no official way to use multiple whatsapp accounts on multiple gadgets. You can do free voice calling, messaging, file sharing using the present version of whatsapp. Video calling feature is expected to appear in the next version of whatsapp.