MIUI is a user interface developed by Xiaomi for its range of smartphones and tablets. The latest version of MIUI i.e. MIUI 8 was rolled out to users in June 2016. Xiaomi has introduced a host of new features in MIUI 8. The best of them are Quick Ball, Dual Apps, Second Space. But as we know every ROM has its pros and cons. One of the bugs seen in the previous versions of MIUI that affects push notifications still haunts the users in the latest MIUI 8.
Fix Push Notifications in MIUI 8
- On your Xiaomi smartphone, head to settings.
- In the settings menu, choose the notifications and start bar option.
- There, click on App notifications.
- You will see a list of applications available on your smartphone. Choose the app which you want to prioritize.
- Enable floating notifications app icon badge and lock screen notifications.
- Click on priority button. Make sure that it is enabled by checking the color of priority button. If it changes to blue, then it is enabled.
Disable Battery Saver Mode
This will allow the apps to continue running the apps in the background even when your phone is idle. Don’t worry, this won’t affect the battery life of the smartphone you are using. If the issue still prevails, then follow the next method.