Why use WhatsApp button WhatsApp is one of the most popular communicator nowadays.It has became alternative of SMS.People are using it to communicate with each other and share stuffs with each other.Now WhatsApp is available for mobile as well as web.With rise in popularity of WhatsApp it is important for Blogger to tap WhatsApp for traffic.
The best way to tap potential of WhatsApp is to add WhatsApp share button on your website. There are multiple ways you can put WhatsApp share button on your website.
WhatsApp share button on WordPress Website The easiest way to put the share button on your website is to use WhatsApp Share Button. The plugin is present in WordPress repository and can be installed like any other plugin.
You can also tracks visits your website received from content shared using WhatsApp share button.This will give you some insight about traffic received because of the share button.I have used the plugin on this very website.It works fine.Also I did see decent traffic from WhatsApp as source.The bounce rate and tie on site is also decent.So the traffic is good.
WhatsApp share button all websites This step is applicable for all websites.If you are not comfortable using the plugin or no plugin is available for your content management system then you can use this approach.The plugins also use this approach so there is basically no difference between this one and plugin way.
- Go to the WhatsApp sharing button github page (link to website)
- Select your button size. I prefer the large one.
- You can modify the button text and share text as per your requirement.
- If you want to share one particular URL then you can mention that custom URL.But if you to share the URL on which the button is places then select option current page URL.
- Now you can copy the button code and then download the resources.
- You need to upload these files to your server.The JS file should be included in your page on which the button code is placed.
Above steps will help you get the share button on your website. If you have Google Analytics installed on your website you can use below code to track traffic generated from button.
So your final button code will become
With this code you can see how many times visitors have clicked on this button. So it gives fair idea of usage.You can add above code to code generated by WordPress plugin as well. After adding this code you can see button usage in Events section under Behavior option of your Analytics dashboard.