We’ve seen quick shortcut widgets for placing phone calls, launching apps and more. Shortcuts for WhatsApp is an app that adds a similar widget for sending a message on WhatsApp.
Here’s how you add shortcuts to quickly message someone on WhatsApp:
- Download and install Shortcut for WhatsApp from the App Store.
- Open the app, and allow access to your Contacts, so that it can create these shortcuts.
- Click on the green Add button at the bottom, and select the contacts you want to create shortcuts for.
- Once you’ve selected the contacts, open Notification Center, and scroll down and click on the Edit button.
- Tap on the green add icon next to Shortcut WhatsApp Widget, and press Done.
- You should now see shortcuts for all the contacts you had selected in the previous step. Tapping on any shortcut will open WhatsApp and take you to their conversation with you.
Also check out a similar Speed Dial widget, that lets you quickly make phones calls from the Notification Center.