WhatsApp is an instant messaging application that enables you to make calls or send text messages, images, videos, audios, emoji, gifs to individuals or groups over Wifi or cellular network. It has gradually become one of the most popular communication tools in android and iOS world. And it is the extensive popularity of this app that gives pause to android users to switch to the newest iPhone 7/7 Plus, as they have no idea on how to transfer large amounts of whatsApp messages between 2 devices with different systems. Luckily, there are several methods for you to transfer android whatsApp to iPhone in this post.
Method 1: Transfer WhatsApp History from Android to iPhone Using WhatsMate
Jihosoft WhatsMate is a whatsApp message transferring program which allows users to transfer the whole whatsApp data or selectively transfer whatsapp conversations, images, videos, call log from android device to iPhone.
- Download, install & launch whatsMate on PC, tap the “Transfer WhatsApp between Devices” option.
- Using 2 USB cables to connect Android and iPhone device to computer.
- After connection, you can choose “Chats”, “Contacts”, “Calls” and click “Transfer” to move whatsApp from Android to iPhone.
Method 2: Transfer WhatsApp chats from Android to iPhone Using Email Chat
- Open up whatsApp on your Android set, find the Setting tab and click it to select “Chat Settings” option, then tap on “Email Chat” from the chat history list.
- Choose one or more whatsApp messages from the display list and a pop-up box will appear informing you that “Attaching Media will generate a larger email message”. You can select “Without Media” or “Attach Media” based on your own need.
- Now you can input an email account and click Send option.
- Log in the email account on iPhone to view messages that have been transferred from Android whatsApp account.
Method 3: Transfer WhatsApp Messages from Android to iPhone via Backup
- Go to “Setting > Chats > Chat backup” to backup whatsApp messages on Android phone.
- Uninstall whatsApp on your android phone and install this app on iPhone.
- Using the same phone number to sign up for a whatsApp account on iPhone. After registration, you will be promoted that “Message Backup Found”, click “Restore” to transfer the whatsApp data.