The long awaited Viber for PC has finally been officially released today. You can download and install Viber on your desktop computer right now. Whether you want to use it on a PC, powered by Windows, or a Mac, there is a version released for both of them. They are both free, of course.
If you are extremely eager to just install it on your computer without reading anything about its new features, you can refer directly to the step-by-step installation instructions with screenshots, further below. Otherwise, read on to find out what are the new things you can do with Viber.
“Viber for Windows” features
Well, other than now being able to install it on your PC and send free messages and make free calls to other users of Viber on any device and in any country in the world, there are a couple of more additional features that are coming packed with this new version.
The desktop version will sync your contacts, messages and even call history with your mobile device app across iPhone, Android, Windows Phone and even Blackberry.
Another cool feature is the possibilty to start the conversation on the Viber mobile application and continue from the comfort of your PC. You can literally switch the device from mobile to PC without ending the call.
One great new thing is that, besides voice calls, you can now make video chats, or video calls if you like. It’s similar to Skyping. There is also a possibility to create group conversations which is pretty nice.
Features of new Viber summed up:
- Best-quality HD voice calls
- Video calls
- Free text and photo messages
- Group conversations
- No registration, passwords or invitations required
- Contacts and messages sync between your mobile and Windows
- Transfer ongoing calls between devices
I know you are eager to try it out, so I won’t hold you any longer. Let’s see how to install and download Viber for PC right away.
Install Viber for Windows
1. Make sure you have updated Viber to the latest version on your mobile device first, before continuing to the next step. Otherwise, it will not work on your PC.
2. Download Viber for Windows (or Mac) from the official web page here. Just click on “Get Viber” and the downloading process should start immediately.
3. Run the installation file you downloaded. It will take care of installing the application on your PC. Simple and easy. Just like on the screenshot below.
4. After it is installed, the application will automatically run (if it doesn’t, you should run it) and there it will ask you to enter the mobile phone number for your Viber account. Choose your country, and enter the phone number without the country code, since it will add it automatically when you choose the country from the list. It is important that you enter the exact number you use on your mobile device for Viber app. (image below)
5. If you didn’t take the step 1, here you will be prompted to update to latest version of Viber. After you do that, make sure the Viber app on your mobile device is opened (running). This is needed for the activation process that follows.
6. After you click on the button to activate, you will receive a message with a four-digit activation code on your Viber app on mobile device (that’s why it was supposed to be open and running). Enter the code into the required field in order to activate Viber for Windows. (image below)
7. That’s it! You should now see the main Viber window in front of you, like in the image below, having all of your contacts on the left side. Though, be patient when you run it the first time, it needs a couple of moments to retreive all contacts and their information from your Viber account.
The rest is simple, just like Viber app was designed to be. Click on a contact from the list, and make a video or voice call, or send them a message via Viber. You will find that it is very similar to Skype now, since it has many of the same features, and the layout of the interface is also very similar.
Now go ahead and make those testing calls from your PC using new Viber for Windows!
Can’t Open Facebook Messages – How To Fix It
What Is Twitter And How Does It Work – Beginners Guide
3 Hacks for Firefox That Will Double Your Internet Browsing Speed
9 Websites To Play Piano Online for Free
- Free Detailed Site SEO Analyzing and Tracking Tool
Mikey June 1, 2013 on 4:03 pm Reply
Viber on desktop is absolutely awesome. I installed it and I think it will be indispensable in my daily use of communication.
Thanks for the easy-to-follow guide!
Sarita July 1, 2013 on 2:40 am Reply
Hey, I just installed Viber in my desktop. It’s cool!
Anthony Vaughan August 28, 2013 on 4:54 pm Reply
Well explained. Viber seems to work pretty well on my PC.
Have you ever considered writing an e-book or guest authoring on other blogs? I have a blog based on the same ideas you discuss and would really like to have you share some stories/information. I know my viewers would value your work. If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an e-mail.
Dm January 3, 2014 on 2:21 pm Reply
After it finishes the setup, it doesn’t automatically launch. And when I try and find it on the taskbar, it’s not there either? I don’t understand what’s wrong. Can someone help me out?
haris September 23, 2014 on 1:41 pm Reply
Hello any body help me please when i install viber on pc installation complete but viber shortcut error missing exe what the problem is it?
Dennis November 3, 2014 on 6:47 pm Reply
Try to run Viber from your Program Files folder where it has been installed. That should do the trick.
Osama November 8, 2014 on 5:14 pm Reply
After Installation Complete it says Viber Missing ShortCut EXE Error . What to do Cant Find any Solution.
Dennis January 13, 2015 on 3:59 am Reply
You simply moved the Viber.exe from the installation directory, instead of creating a shortcut for it on desktop. Try to move the Viber.exe by holding right-click, and then choose the “Create a shortcut” option. That should do the trick.