When you get the error code 0x80073cf9 in Windows 8 or Windows 10 is usually when you try to install a newly application from the store. This error code basically prevents you from installing the app and it will give you two options. To either try again the installation or to cancel the installation in Windows 8 or Windows 10.
Unfortunately whatever options you choose it will not work. The error code 0x80073cf9 may appear also when you try to update an application to make it suitable for Windows 8 or Windows 10. If you try to reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 it might work but if you follow the tutorials posted below you will see how to permanently fix this issue and prevent it from happening again.
Steps on how to fix error code 0x80073cf9 in Windows 8 and Windows 10
- Press and hold the “Windows” button on the keyboard.
- After you get to the start screen you will need to left click or tap on the “Windows Store” feature you have there.
- After you get to Windows store you will need to press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “I”.
- Left click on “App updates”.
- Left click or tap on the “Sync licenses here”.
- Let it do its job and reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- Try to install the app or upgrade the app and see if you still have this error message appearing.
- Go to your start screen in Windows 8 or Windows 10 as you did in the option above.
- Find the application you have trouble with.
- Right click on the application and left click or tap on the “Uninstall” feature.
- Left click or tap the “Windows Store” feature on the start screen after the app is uninstalled.
- Write in the store the name of the app you uninstalled and install it again from the Windows Store.
- Left click on the “Desktop” icon in your start screen.
- Open the My Computer icon by double clicking on in.
- Open the partition where you have your Windows 8 or Windows 10 installed.
- Double click on the “Windows” folder you have in the partition.
- In the Windows folder check and see if you have another folder by the name of “AUInstallAgent”. Note: If you don’t have the “AUInstallAgent” folder you need to right click in the “Windows” directory and create a new folder with that name.
- After you made the folder you need to reboot the Windows 8 or Windows 10 device.
- Check and see if you still have this issue.
If you have an antivirus you will need to disable it and check your apps if they install correctly afterwards. If they install correctly then it is an issue from your antivirus because it will block your installation process .
For various PC problems, we recommend to use this tool.
- Download ReimagePlus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Click “Start Scan” to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Press and hold the button “Windows” and the button “X”.
- You will need to left click on the “System” feature you are presented on the screen.
- Now that you have opened the “System control panel” you need to left click on the “System protection” feature you have on the left side of that window.
- Left click or tap on the “System Restore” button you have in the window.
- You will need to follow the instructions on the screen and select a previous restore point to bring your system settings back to how they were before you got this error message . Note: Before you do the system restore I suggest you write down the apps you installed after the restore point was made so that you can install them again after this process is done.
There you go, a few options that you can try in order to fix the error code 0x80073cf9 and get back to your daily activity. Please don’t hesitate to write us below for any additional questions on this matter.
READ ALSO: Skype App for Windows 8, Windows 10 Now Lets you Edit or Delete Messages, Adds Notifications