Atioglxx.dll is a dynamic link library file that serves as the ATI OpenGL driver that is useful in running 2D or 3D accelerators, modelling transformations, lighting, texturing and blending. The file is basically used by the ATI device driver to run graphic applications. The file encounters errors as a result of it becoming damaged or missing causing Windows to be unable to process the file properly. You need to resolve the issues surrounding the file to prevent the error messages from appearing on your screen. This tutorial will help you repair the error easily.
What Causes atioglxx.dll Errors?
The various atioglxx.dll errors that show up on your screen are primarily caused by the way in which Windows is unable to process the file either because the file is damaged or has been accidentally misplaced. The problem can also be caused by faulty ATI device drivers and some problems inside the registry. You need to identify the source of the problem in order to fix it – which can be performed using the steps outlined below:
How To Fix The atioglxx.dll Error On Your PC
Step 1 – Re-Install The ATI Drivers On Your System
The first thing that you need to do is ensure that the various files used by your ATI drivers are working properly. You need to provide a fresh and working copy of your ATI driver by re-installing the device driver. To re-install the ATI device driver, follow these steps:
- Click Start> Control Panel> Device Manager (for Vista and Windows 7 systems) or click Start> Control Panel> System> select the Hardware tab and then click the Device Manager button (for XP).
- Locate and select the ATI device driver. Right-click on it and select “Uninstall.”
- Follow the uninstall wizard and restart your computer when done.
- When Windows detects the ATI device, click on “Cancel” and continue logging in to Windows.
- Insert your ATI device driver CD/DVD installer onto your optical hard drive or locate and run the file installer from your hard drive if you have it. Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your PC after completing the installation.
Step 2 – Manually Replace The Atioglxx.dll File on your PC
The surest way to resolve the error is probably doing a manual replacement of the dll file. You need to obtain a fresh copy of the atioglxx.dll and then register it onto your Windows system. Here’s how you can do this:
- Download atioglxx.zip from the Internet
- Unzip the atioglxx.dll file onto your computer’s hard drive
- Browse to c:\Windows\System32
- Locate the currentatioglxx.dll on your system
- Rename the current atioglxx.dll to atioglxxBACKUP.dll
- Copy & paste the new atioglxx.dll into C:\Windows\System32
- Click Start > Run (Or search”run” on Vista & Win7)
- Type “cmd” in the box that appears
- Type “regsvr32 atioglxx.dll” on the black screen
- Press Enter
This process should prevent the error message from appearing again. If the problem persists on your system, then proceed to the next step.
Step 3 – Clean Out The Registry Of Windows
- Download This Registry Cleaner
The “registry” is a complex database that stores all the necessary settings for all programs and files in your system. It plays a very important role in the overall performance of your system, but keeps on experiencing errors as you keep on using your computer as a result of Windows accessing and saving hundreds of registry keys at the same time producing broken registry keys that result in Windows errors including the atigloxx.dll errors. To fix the problem surrounding the dll file, you need to clean out your registry from serious errors, which you can easily perform by using a registry cleaner to do an automatic scan and repair.