Viber for PC download is becoming a popular keyword these days. All due to its unique Voip voice quality and extra features that makes it on in a million. Viber for Computer is an Instant messaging and Voice over IP, commonly known as VoIP application developed by Viber Media for smartphones.It was founded and launched by four Israeli partners : Talmon Marco (C.E.O), Igor Megzinik, Sani Maroli and Ofer Smocha on December 2, 2010 for iPhone initially. A restricted version for Android users with only applicable to 50,000 user were launched by May, 2011, which later was revised for unrestricted version by June, 2012.by the end of 2012 Viber for Blackberry and Windows Phone Devises were also launched. Initially it had all other instant messaging feature like Whatsapp etc where you can send free messages to the contacts using Viber with improved range of stickers, emoticons etc but also had an additional feature where you can make call to numbers for free! That’s right! Coz it will be using your internet connection. With 90 million users Viber latter added HD voice call and Group messaging system here you can add over 100 people for a group chat. You can even download and sort stickers from Sticker Market to make you chat have a classy effect. So if you have a proper internet connection and the proper operating system required for installing Viber, it’s a shot worth giving!!
This article will be updated on a regular basis in order to give you guys the latest ways of running this program on PC. Things changes with time and its possible that after sometime, we need another method to do this. That is why, I’ll be updating this page on a rugular basis.
Viber for Windows/Android/iOS/Nokia/Bada
Viber app features varies OS to OS with iOS and Android to get upgraded first. It includes texts, pictures, video messaging across all platforms with HD voice calling only planned for Windows Phone 8. It synchronizes with the phonebook and thus add up contacts who are already on Viber. While using Viber for the first time, you need to create account where your phone number acts as your id. You can later add picture, name, status and all other information to your account. You can even customize your chat window for different contacts with separate chat window wallpaper which you can choose from the range of default wallpapers or you can even import from your gallery!!
As of December, 2013, Viber launched Viber Out, where users can even call to landlines and other phones who are not Viber users. With all these new exciting features Viber had become a continuous competitor of Whatsapp and Skype. Viber is currently available in 30 languages and locales, including: Albanian, Arabic, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, English, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Nepali, Persian, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish, Swedish, Ukrainian, and Urdu, which is the supported language of Viber as for as 2014.
Steps to download Viber on PC/Laptops:
Viber on desktop can only be possible if you have Viber downloaded and installed for your mobile devices. [Click Here] If you don’t have Viber installed on your mobile device. After installing Viber on your Mobile device follow the following steps.
Make sure your PC have the System and the hardware requirements need for installing Viber.
This is the list of requirements that you should need to have before downloading Viber for Computer. Read the specs carefully and check whether you have them or not.
You can take the snapshot of the list above in case you need to show your Computer retailer. You can also copy+paste it as its in text form only. Copy it from here and paste to a notepad text document or word.
*Viber for Windows 8 has not been optimized for Windows 8.1
Minimum Hardware Requirements:
- CPU: Dual core processor.
- Memory: 1GB RAM
- Microphone and speakers for voice calls and webcam for video calls.
- AD2P compatible Bluetooth receiver for Bluetooth devices.
- Download Viber for Window/MAC/Linux on Desktop from viber.com and select you OS.
- Run the Installation Files.
- Go through the License Agreement. Once you are done continue with the setup process by clicking Accept & Install.
- Let the Viber installation go on till the bar fills Green.
- Next a box will open where you need to select Yes if Viber is already installed in your mobile Device.
- Select your country from the dropdown box and add your phone number for activation. Once done, select Continue.
- You will shortly receive an activation code, as Viber message not SMS. If you donot receive activation code within 60 seconds visit http://support.viber.com/customer/portal/articles/1403893-solving-activation-code-issues-desktop-#.VEKa2meSw1M for help.
- Enter the activation code that you received in the bar. Once done press Enter Viber.