What is QREncode.dll?
Table of Contents
How to Install QREncode.dll? How to Fix QREncode.dll Errors?
Method 1: Solving the DLL Error by Copying the QREncode.dll File to the Windows System Folder
- The file you are going to download is a compressed file with the “.zip” extension. You cannot directly install the “.zip” file. First, you need to extract the dll file from inside it. So, double-click the file with the “.zip” extension that you downloaded and open the file.
- You will see the file named “QREncode.dll” in the window that opens up. This is the file we are going to install. Click the file once with the left mouse button. By doing this you will have chosen the file.
- Click the “Extract To” symbol marked in the picture. To extract the dll file, it will want you to choose the desired location. Choose the “Desktop” location and click “OK” to extract the file to the desktop. In order to do this, you need to use the Winrar software. If you do not have this software, you can find and download it through a quick search on the Internet.
- Copy the “QREncode.dll” file you extracted and paste it into the “C:\Windows\System32” folder.
- If you are using a 64 Bit operating system, copy the “QREncode.dll” file and paste it into the “C:\Windows\sysWOW64” as well.
NOTE! On Windows operating systems with 64 Bit architecture, the dll file must be in both the “sysWOW64” folder as well as the “System32” folder. In other words, you must copy the “QREncode.dll” file into both folders.
- In order to complete this step, you must run the Command Prompt as administrator. In order to do this, all you have to do is follow the steps below.
NOTE! We ran the Command Prompt using Windows 10. If you are using Windows 8.1, Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista or Windows XP, you can use the same method to run the Command Prompt as administrator.
- Open the Start Menu and before clicking anywhere, type “cmd” on your keyboard. This process will enable you to run a search through the Start Menu. We also typed in “cmd” to bring up the Command Prompt.
- Right-click the “Command Prompt” search result that comes up and click the Run as administrator” option.
- Paste the command below into the Command Line that will open up and hit Enter. This command will delete the damaged registry of the QREncode.dll file (It will not delete the file we pasted into the System32 folder; it will delete the registry in Regedit. The file we pasted into the System32 folder will not be damaged).
%windir%\System32\regsvr32.exe /u QREncode.dll
- If you have a 64 Bit operating system, after running the command above, you must run the command below. This command will clean the QREncode.dll file’s damaged registry in 64 Bit as well (The cleaning process will be in the registries in the Registry Editor only. In other words, the dll file you paste into the SysWoW64 folder will stay as it).
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /u QREncode.dll
Windows 64 Bit users must run the command below after running the previous command. With this command, we will create a clean and good registry for the QREncode.dll file we deleted.
%windir%\SysWoW64\regsvr32.exe /i QREncode.dll