If you are tired of using same messengers like WhatsApp, WeChat etc then Telegram
is just the right option for you.
Its functions are mostly the same as that of WhatsApp messenger app, so people already using WhatsApp will not find any difficulty in operating Telegram. The question might be tickling in your brain that if it’s similar to WhatsApp then why to use Telegram.
Why Download Telegram?
When Facebook acquired WhatsApp it gave its first out of service error which caused its users to look out for other options in case of such crashes. There is also a debate going on that since now Facebook has acquired WhatsApp, so the personal data on WhatsApp might be unsecure as Facebook is going to use it for sure. This is the other reason why people are switching to Telegram.
About Telegram for Desktop
Telegram app was initially there for only two major platforms: Android and IOS. But now seeing its popularity its developers have also build Telegram for computer (windows 7/8/8.1/Mac).When WhatsApp crashed for few hours, more than 5 million users downloaded Telegram for pc for free and started using it.
Features of Telegram
It is very fast and reliable. The delivering network of telegram is very fast and you are not going to have any difficulty in this case. To save your data from going into wrong hands, best in market security features are provided in Telegram. It has a got a simple yet classy interface and that too without advertisements. It also got some unique features that are not present in any other messenger app.
Cloud storage: It is a new concept in which you’re all data is saved in the app server. So in an event of reinstallation or switching your handset, you don’t lose any of your data.
Privacy settings: Apart from usual privacy settings it also got a secret chat feature which is grabbing a lot of attention.
Sharing: People can share videos and images in a group. In telegram the group can have maximum of 200 people and the size of shared video can be up to 1 GB.
Also see: WeChat for PC
How to Download Telegram for Windows 7/8/Xp PC
Here is good news for windows XP, windows 7 and windows 8 users as the developers of Telegram have finally officially launched free Telegram for Pc that is compatible with most of the windows operating system. Now with this the users can operate the app both from an android or IOS device and from their desktops simultaneously.
Guide to download Telegram on windows computer
- Since an official Telegram app has been launched by its developers therefore there is no need to download android emulator software like Bluestacks for this purpose. Hence you can directly visit the Telegram website by clicking here.
- Click on the “Telegram for Windows” link to begin the downloading process and install it just like regular software on your PC.
- The Telegram app icon will appear on desktop. Open it by double clicking on it and hit the “start Messaging” option.
- A new dialogue menu will appear, enter your phone number or details of your existing Telegram account or select “create new” according to your needs.
- It will send a verification code to the mentioned number which needs to be entered in the dialogue box.
- If you are an existing Telegram user then all your contacts will be imported to the desktop version else you need to begin with importing contacts and choosing your own personalized settings.
In case you are facing compatibility issues with using Unofficial Telegram App for PC then you can use traditional way of downloading it by using Bluestacks.
Download Telegram on PC using Bluestacks
To download bluestacks , click on the image below. You’ll be redirected to the official site of Bluestacks. Choose an appropriate operating system and move ahead. Bluestacks will be downloaded automatically and will get installed itself.
After installing Bluestacks on your Pc, follow the following steps:
- Open Bluestacks from desktop icon
- Type “Telegram“on top search bar.
- Click the Install button next to the first result.
- Wait for Bluestacks to complete the installation.
- After it is installed, go to Bluestacks > My Apps.
- You will be able to see Telegram icon there, To use this app, you just need to click on to its icon. It will be right there for its first use.
That’s it. Now you have downloaded and installed Telegram for Android phones as well as for PC. If you have any questions/problems on installing Telegram then do let me know.