- You Will Need
- Steps to Clean the Keg Tap
- Additional Tips and Advice
Dixie asked: How do I clean a keg tap? I have a beer keg tap that I will be using occasionally and need to know how to clean it. Thank you.
If you don’t thoroughly clean your keg tap the next party is over before it begins, and a simple water rinse won’t do the job. To keep your keg tap at its best, and your guests in a partying mood, follow these steps.
You Will Need:
- Keg Line Cleaning Kit (see additional tips)
- Cold water
- Mix the detergent with water (consult the label for the amount).
- Remove the knob from the tap.
- Place the knob, faucet, and the hose in the bucket.
- Insert the check ball lifter in the bottom of the coupler probe.
- Follow the instructions to pump the cleaning solution through the system. Allow the fluid to drain into the bucket.
- Let the parts in the bucket soak in the cleaning fluid for several minutes (the longer the better).
- Use the brush to thoroughly clean any hard to reach areas.
- Rinse all parts with cold water.
- Allow to dry thoroughly before reassembling.