There are so many instant messengers nowadays that share similar traits and users are not sure which to use. Telegram is one of those that are slowly emerging as a go-to option for users that put privacy and multi-platform usability above everything else.
How to resolve Telegram issues on Android phones
This is an obvious problem. In order to use this nifty instant messenger, you’ll need to install it from the Play Store. However, some users have had issues with the installation in the first place. The first thing you should check is the system requirements. And these are the requirements you have to meet in order to install and run Telegram on your Android handset:
If you meet those requirements and grant permissions but you’re still unable to install the app, you should clear Play Store cache and try again. If the problem is persistent nonetheless, we advise you to try the APK file and install Telegram that way. These are the instructions you should follow in order to download and install the APK file:
Make sure to obtain the app from the trusted source.
Certain users reported that, no matter how many times they try, recipients can’t see their messages. This is a major issue since it completely deflates the usability of this usually great instant messenger. What you need to do when something like this occurs is to check further steps and look for changes.
Moreover, you can try to clear the cache and, eventually, reinstall the app, if the problem is persistent.
- Tap Settings.
- Open Apps or Application manager.
- Open Telegram.
- Choose Storage.
- Clear cache.
- Restart your handset and look for changes.
- Open the App drawer or App menu.
- Tap and draw the Telegram shortcut to the top to uninstall it.
- Restart your device.
- Open Play Store.
- Search for Telegram.
- Choose Install.
- Follow the in-app instructions to configure your Telegram settings.
Can’t import contacts
With that, you should be able to import all contacts.
The Telegram instant messenger has two ways to present you with the notifications. One is, obviously, Google Cloud Messaging notification service that is an Android built-in feature. The second and primary was is app-related and it depends on various phone settings. Namely, certain Android features on specific Android devices tend to block notifications in order to reduce the power consumption. That’s the main reason why you’re not seeing notifications on your device.
- Install the latest app version. Navigate to Play Store and check for updates.
- Check in-app settings. Open Telegram > 3-line menu > Settings > Notifications and Sounds. Make sure that Message and Group alerts are enabled.
- Enable Keep-Alive Service and Background Connection. Open Telegram > 3-line menu > Settings > Notifications and Sounds. Scroll down until you reach Other. There you can enable both Keep-Alive Service and Background Connection.
- If your handset packs a system manager of some kind, there’s a chance that it reads Telegram as a power-intensive app and prevent notifications. Navigate to the manager app and set Telegram as a protected app or enable it to work in the background freely.
- Enable Lock Screen notifications in the phone settings.
When it comes to connection, the problem is, at least most of the time, not app-related. Most of the time, the problem lies within your Wi-Fi configuration and/or its overall instability. There are some usual troubleshooting steps you can take in order to resolve this problem. Additionally, you can wait for some time since the cloud nature of Telegram means that sometimes the service might be down.
Moreover, if other connection-dependent apps work great, you can try the following steps:
”Last seen” isn’t displayed correctly
”Last seen” feature is vastly spread on all known instant messengers. And Telegram isn’t excluded. However, some users reported issues with this function. Occasionally, they can’t see the ”Last seen” information or the time showing isn’t properly displayed. For that purpose, we advise you to follow the steps below and look for changes.