Snapchat is one of the hottest, most popular and fastest growing mobile apps in the world right now. Snapchat is an application for iPhones, iPads, Android and other devices that allows users to send self destructing images and videos to specific users or subscribers. In this post, we will take you through the simple steps on How to Create a Snapchat Account or making a Snapchat account for the first time.
Since it’s launch in September 2011., Snapchat has quickly become the favorite social media platform of celebrities, politicians, and companies alike. Snapchat is reported to have an daily active users of 150 million. As of October 2016, Snapchat app’s users were sending 900 million photos and 10 billion videos views per day, while Snapchat Stories content was being viewed 500 million times per day. If you haven’t yet installed Snapchat or you are using for the first time.
Download Snapchat App
You’ll need to download the Snapchat app in order to create and access an account on your mobile device. Unlike other social networks, Snapchat is primarily designed for smart phones or app-based. You may face problems if you try to sign up using an iPad or Android tablet. So pull out your smartphone, find Snapchat in your respective app store and download.
1. Go to the App Store for Apple or Google Play Store for Android. 2. Search for the “Snapchat” app. 3. Once located, tap on the Download button to download Snapchat. 4. Wait for few seconds to download and install Snapchat. This may depend on your internet/data connection speed.
See Also: How To use Snapchat Memories
How to create a Snapchat account
These are the steps involves in creating a Snapchat Account. 1. Launching Snapchat App. 2. Signing Up. 3. Entering credentials 4. Creating Username. 5. Setting a Password 6. Verifying Account.
1. Launch Snapchat App. Once successful installed Snapchat on your phone, launch the Snapchat app from your device homescreen. Please note that you must be over 13 years to create a Snapchat account.
2. Sign Up for Snapchat Open Snapchat, on the Welcome screen, you will see ‘SIGN UP button, tap on it.
3. Entering Credentials. Once you tapped on the Sign Up button, there will be a text area for your First name Last name. Pick or enter your name, now tap on the “Sign Up & Accept” button. On the next page enter your Birthday.
4. Creating Username. Now, carefully pick your name. Your username is how friends will add you on Snapchat and listed on their contacts list. It is basically your Snapchat identity. Try to make unique and note that you cannot change your username later once you have set it. The only option available right now is to delete your Snapchat account and create new Snapchat Account.
5. Setting a Password. Again, on the next page, there will be a text area for password. Here you have to create and enter password for your Snapchat account. Try something which is hard to guess, try avoiding using Username, mobile number, birthday or any other personal information in your new password. Your password should be at least 8 characters long. It is recommended to mix up numbers, symbols, and/or capitals and lowercase letters in your password. Note it down somewhere, in case if you forget your password. Once you entered your password, tap on the “continue” button.
6. Verifying your Account. You will have two options here, you can use either your email id or your phone number. If you use your email id, you be taken directly on the next page to prove yourself that your not a robot by ghost in a grid of images.
If you use phone number you’ll be prompted to enter your phone number so that your account can be verified. You can skip this if you’d prefer to do it later. It’s good verify account because Snpachat awards users by completing certain tasks. You will earn a trophy by verifying your email id and phone number. Once selected or marked the ghosts, tap on the “Continue” button. You are done creating Snapchat account.
To verify your account, Tap on the Ghost Icon at the top of the screen, now tap on the “Settings” icon on the top right corner of the screen. Now just tap on the “Verify Email” and “Verify Phone Number” button. Snapchat will send you a verification email or code. Check your email and click on the link to verify your account. For Phone number verification you will be presented with two verification options, either SMS or Call. Once you received a Verification Code go back to Whatsapp and enter the code. Once you verified both your email and phone number, you will awarded two trophies. Happy?
Read Also: How to use Bitmoji on Snapchat
How to Add friends on Snapchat
On the next screen, Snapchat will scan your contacts list for other people using Snapchat. Snapchat will provide you with a list of all the people who use Snapchat in your contacts. To add them as friends, simply tap on the person-with-a-plus icon to the right of the screen. Once they accept your friend request, you can exchanging pictures and videos. If you want to remove them (or block them) later, just long-press on their names until the secondary menu pops up on your screen. Apart from this, there are four ways of adding friends on Snapchat.
Adding Snapchat Friends from your contacts; To add friends from your contacts who are already using Snapchat, just follow the steps below;
1. Tap the Snapchat icon at the top of your Snapchat screen. 2. Tap on the ‘Add Friends’ just below your Profile. 3. Now tap ‘Add from Address Book’ 4. Once you tap, all of your phone contacts with Snapchat accounts will be displayed, along with friends who don’t have Snapchat. If you want add them, just tap the + icon displaying next to their name to add a friend, or invite someone to Snapchat.
Adding Friends by Snapcode You can add friends or open Snapchat content by scanning a Snapcode using the Snapchat camera. You can also screenshot someone’s Snapcode and use the Add by Snapcode feature on the Add Friends page to add a new friend. To add a friend’s Snapcode follow these steps:
1. Take a screenshot of a friend’s Snapcode or ask them. 2. Open your Snapchat, then tap the Snapchat icon at the top of your camera screen. 3. Below your profile, Tap the ‘Add Friends’ button. 4. Select Tap ‘Add by Snapcode’ button. 5. Finally, Tap a Snapcode to add the associated Snapchatter. Done.
Snapchat Add Nearby
If you are hanging with some of your friends, have everyone around you open up the Add Nearby feature at the same time to find each other. To use Add Nearby, follow these steps:
1. Tap the Snapchat icon at the top of your Snapchat camera screen. 2. Just below your Profile, Tap ‘Add Friends’. 3. Then Tap ‘Add Nearby’ option and select ‘Ok’ to allow Snapchat to use your location for finding nearby Snapchatters. 4. Ask your friend to open Add Nearby on their phone as well. 5. To add a friend, just tap the ‘+’ sign next to your friend’s username to add them.
To add back someone who has added you:
When someone has added you, the Snapchat icon at the top of your Camera screen will turn yellow. To add them back just follow the below steps; 1. Tap the yellow Snapchat icon which will bring you to your Profile screen. 2. Click ‘Added Me’ on your Profile screen. 3. Now Tap the + next to their name to add them back. That’s it on how to add friends on Snapchat.
Creating and sending Snaps
Creating and sending Snap in Snapchat is little bit complicated. To take a snap, just open your Snapchat and on the camera screen and tap on the camera icon. From there, you can take a picture by tapping the circle to capture the shot or record a video by pressing and holding the circle to capture a video.
To add caption to your snap, tap in the middle of the picture (on Android) or the more descriptive “Tap to Add Caption” bar on iOS to do just that. Snapchat also allows you to draw pictures or handwritten text or certain filters and effects on top of the photo. Just swipe right or left on the Preview screen to add colored Filters, the current time, local weather, speed overlays, or Geofilters, and many more.
You can set the time limit by determining how long you’d like the message to appear and send. To do this just tap on the stopwatch like icon in the lower left and you can set the specific time that you want your picture to be available for a friend to view.
To send the snap, just tap on the arrow icon on the bottom right of the screen. This will bring you to your contacts list. Choose the people you want to send your snap to by tapping on their names. Then hit the arrow button on the bottom right of the screen to send.
On the Snapchat Camera screen, you will also see certain tools like a selfie camera in the upper right hand corner to flip between your front and rear-facing camera, a button to enable or disable your flash, and a download button to save your Snap.
Congratulations! You have successfully completed your Snapchat account set up. Happy Snapping!