With Skype for Business, you no longer need to dial 4-0003 to listen to your voice mail. You can listen to your voicemail messages right from your email inbox or from within the Skype for Business client. You can also tap the Voicemail icon on your phone’s display.
Change Your Default Voice Mail Greeting
Once your phone is activated, it is ready to receive voice mail. If you do not answer the phone, an automated greeting will say, “Please record a message for [your name].” To record a custom greeting:
1. Open the Skype for Business client on your computer. Click the Phone tab.
2. Click the drop-down menu next to the Voice Mail icon, click Change Greetings, and follow the prompts to record your greeting.
Note: You can also use these steps to record a separate greeting for when you are out of the office.
Use an Alternate Voice Mail Greeting when You are on Vacation or Away
1. Use the steps above to set up your voice mail message for when you are on vacation, out of the office, or away.
2. To enable an alternate greeting, visit https://aka.ms/vmsettings and place a checkmark in thePlay Out of Office greetingcheckbox.
3. You can also set your alternate voice mail greeting to play whenever you have an Outlook auto reply turned on or whenever you have an out-of-office appointment on your Outlook calendar. To take advantage of this feature, place a checkmark in the I have an Outlook auto reply checkbox and/or the I have an Out of Office calendar appointment checkbox.
Alerts for New Voice Mail Messages
If your Skype for Business phone has been upgraded to the latest software, a visual indicator will display when you receive a new voice mail message. The red light in the upper right-hand corner of your phone will also flash.
Listen to Your Voice Mail
From Your Handset
Tap the voicemail icon on your phone’s display.
If your Skype for Business phone has been upgraded to the latest software, a Message Center will display your voice mail messages. Tap a message to select it and then tap Play to listen to it.
From Your Email
Your voicemail message will be delivered to your email inbox. Click Play to listen to it.You will also see a text transcription of the message if the audio quality is sufficient.
From the Skype for Business Client
- Click the Phone tab.
- Hover over a message under the Voice Mail heading and click the Play icon.