If your call recording is working, but you are not happy with the quality, click here.
If recording is not working at all, this is usually due to software that you has been installed on your PC previously, that has made adjustments to your Audio codecs and has stopped the default MP3 codec from working correctly. Specialist audio and video products (e.g. capture cards) commonly change the audio codecs during installation.
If you are happy to use a format other than MP3, or if you want to use a codec other than the default MP3 codec for conversion to MP3, go to “Tools > Options > Recording > Advanced Recording Options > Audio Format > Change” . Choose another format from those available on your machine. When you click OK to close the options dialog, CallBurner will check whether conversion to that format is possible. If it is not, CallBurner will tell you to try another format.
If on the other hand you wish to keep the default settings, and use the default MP3 codec that is installed with Windows, follow these steps:
1. Close CallBurner.
2. Look in your Windows\System32 directory for the file l3codeca.acm (NOTE: That’s a lowercase L at the start of l3codeca.acm, not the digit “one”). If the file exists, go on with Step 3 below.
3. Start the Control Panel.
4. Open Sounds and Audio Devices.
5. Click on the Hardware tab, and select Audio Codecs.
6. Click the Properties button, followed by the Properties tab.
7. If Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec is listed, proceed with Step 8. Otherwise skip to Step 10.
8. Click on Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec, then click Properties.
9. Click on Do not use this audio codec, then click OK. Keep clicking OK until you are back at the Control Panel.
10. Click the Windows Start button and choose the Run option.
11. Enter cmd then click OK.
12. Type C: then press the ENTER key.
13. Type cd \windows\system32 then press the ENTER key.
14. Type regsvr32 l3codeca.acm (NOTE: That’s a lowercase L at the start of l3codeca.acm, not the digit “one”) then press the ENTER key.
15. Follow steps 2 to 5 again.
16. Click on Fraunhofer IIS MPEG Layer-3 Codec, then click Properties.
17. Click on Use this audio codec, then click OK. Keep clicking OK until you are back at the Control Panel.
18. Start Outlook and test the CallBurner recording functionality.
If you are still having issues, contact CallBurner technical support.