PC/MAC: A40 + MixAmp Pro TR – Setup Guide
Posted on October 10, 2015 by Lindsay Geektron
Need help setting up your new A40 + MixAmp TR on PC or MAC? Watch our latest setup video for a hands on demo & walk through our A40 TR Headset + MixAmp Pro TR Setup Guide to get started.
From the box, remove:
– Micro USB Cable
– Inline Mute Cable
– MixAmp Pro TR
– A40 TR Headset
Both versions of the MixAmp Pro TR are compatible with PC and MAC while in PC Mode. To change between PC Mode and Console Mode, Press and Hold the Power Button for 3 seconds. The Power Button will also glow with a white or red ring to signify which mode you’re currently in: PC Mode = White ring, Console Mode = Red ring.
Before you begin setup and customization, make sure MixAmp Pro TR firmware is fully updated. To update the MixAmp Pro TR firmware, connect it to a PC or MAC that has the ASTRO Command Center installed from this download link astrogaming.com/acc. Once the MixAmp Pro TR is updated, you can begin customizing your settings.
– Navigate to the Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound. Open up Sound Options and click on the Playback Tab.
– Right Click on Pro Game – Headphones and set it as the Default Device.
– Right Click on Headset Earphone – Pro Voice and set that as the Default Communication Device.
– Now navigate to the Recording Tab. We recommend setting the Pro Voice Headset Microphone as the Default Device.
– Open System Preferences, and then open the Sound Settings.
– Select the Input tab and ensure the sound input is on ASTRO MixAmp Pro Game.
– Next, open up the Output tab.
– Here, select ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice for audio coming directly from the A40 TR Headset microphone.
MIXAMP PRO TR SETUP WITH STEAM
– Playing a STEAM game? Make sure that the input for the mic setting is set to PRO Voice.
MIXAMP PRO TR SETUP WITH COMMUNICATION PROGRAMS
– For this, Skype is the example. The MixAmp Pro TR is compatible with Skype, TeamSpeak, Ventrilo, Mumble, etc.
– In the System Preferences, open up AUDIO/VIDEO
– Under MICROPHONE, select the ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice
– Head down to Speakers and Select: ASTRO MixAmp Pro Voice
– These settings will allow users to mix between voice and game audio. .
The A40 + MixAmp TR is now ready for use. For any addition help, please contact our Customer Support and review our TR FAQ.
Thanks for joining the ASTRO Family!
– Tournament Ready: A40 TR + MixAmp Pro TR
– A40 TR Headset + Mod Kit
– MixAmp Pro TR
– ASTRO Command Center
– TR: Frequently Asked Questions