Hello members of the growing Skype for Business community! My team lead is out of the country on an extended sabbatical, so things have been a little busy on this end. Busy is good, of course, as it means business is chugging right along in our case, but it also means less time for putting all my thoughts and deployment adventures into blog posts. Today, however, I have carved out a moment to share a brief troubleshooting tip on an odd problem I ran into on recent Skype for Business Standard Edition deployment.
- A single Standard Edition Skype for Business Front End
- A single Edge Server
- A single Reverse Proxy (IIS with ARR)
- No Dialin
- No Enterprise Voice
- No Persistent Chat
- No Office Web Apps
- Start -> Administrative Tools -> Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager
- Within the IIS Manager, expand the server name node, then expand Sites, and finally expand the site named Skype for Business Server External Web Site. This is the site we should be hitting when joining a meeting from outside the environment.
- Verify the ‘lwa‘ directory is present, and if is, verify that the ‘WebPages‘ directory is present beneath it, and finally that the LwaClient.aspx page is listed in the ‘WebPages‘ directory while using “Content View” in the middle pane.
- Start -> Control Panel -> Programs -> Uninstall a program.
- Scroll down and verify the Skype for Business Server 2015, Skype for Business Web Application is installed.
- Navigate to your Skype for Business Server 2015 installation media, and then to this directory within it: Setup -> amd64 -> Setup.
- Run the EnterpriseWebApp.msi.
- On the Welcome screen, click Next:
As you can see, our only option now is to Remove the Web App, since it detects that it is already installed.
Once the removal is finished, we can close this wizard. Next we will navigate to C:Program FilesSkype for Business Server 2015Deployment, and run the Bootstrapper.exe. This will go through and detect that we should have the Web App, but that it is not installed, and it will re-install it from scratch. In my case, it completed without errors.
from Skype for Business News Aggregator http://ift.tt/1RFFz4Z via IFTTT