Almost everyone has owned a regular phone before Android, where a lot of useful contacts has been saved. It takes a lot of time and is very inconvenient to transfer all those contacts to a new smartphone manually. There are several ways to automate the transfer of your contacts to Android.
How to sync Android with Google contacts
Syncing contacts is a built-in function that allows you to recover and use the data after the reset to factory settings, as well as sync the contacts with Android smartphone.
How to take use this feature in order to sync with a Google account?
- First open settings on your smartphone
- Find the “Accounts” section
- Select Google
- Open the sync settings and click on the mailbox
- The page containing the data that you want to sync will become available
- Select “Contacts” – syncing with your account will start.
Syncing contacts from different sources with Android. You can also add contacts from Facebook, Odnoklassniki, Facebook, Skype, Twitter to your smartphone contact list.
The applications installed on your Android device are displayed in your Account settings. You should select “sync contacts” and data will be added to your smartphone phonebook. To avoid “disorder” in your contacts, set visible entries in your phone settings (for example, phone book + Skype).
How to edit a contact on Android
To edit a contact on Android you should:
- Open your phone book
- Find the contact you wish to edit and select it
- You will see the contact information
- To edit the information you should to click on a button that will open the operation menu
- After having edited the information, click on “Save”
- The contact is saved
How to delete contacts from Android
- To delete contacts from Android, you should click on the icon “Contacts”
- The phone book contact list will be displayed, select the desired contact
- To remove multiple contacts from the contacts list
- “Remove contacts”.
How to remove duplicate contacts from Android
- To remove duplicate contacts on Android smartphone, open http://google.com/contacts
- In the top menu, click “More”
- Select “Find and merge duplicate contacts”
- You will see a list of duplicate contacts (deselect the check box from the contacts that you do not want to merge)
- At the top of the contacts list, click “Merge”
- Sync contacts on your smartphone.
How to make a backup of Android contacts
Backup is backing up data Android devices. How to backup of contacts on Android in order to restore them later? There are several of ways:
1. Backing up data syncing your smartphone to your Google account
User’s personal contacts and correspondence are synced with his personal account on Google – gmail. Setting:
- Open the main menu of your smartphone
- Select “Settings”
- Select “Accounts and sync”
- Select the gmail email address (that you want to sync) and the contacts (telephone contacts and email).
You can enable automatic syncing in the background or do it manually.
2. Backup on SD card or sim-cards
- Open the menu of your smartphone
- Select “Contacts”
- Select “More”
- Select “Import/Export”
- Choose backing up to SD card or sim-card.
3. Backup with Moborobo
- Open the program
- Select “Data”
- Check the contacts you wish to sync
- Select “Backup”
- Specify the backup path
- Select “Restore”.
How to restore your contacts on Android?
It is possible to restore contacts on Android if you have the backup copy of all the contacts or an authorized Google account. To restore the contacts from the account, connect your phone and syncing will start automatically, all data stored on the server will be copied to your smartphone. You can restore contacts (.vcf format) from the backup copy on your memory card with the “Contacts” application by running the data export.
How to restore the phone numbers on Android
An equally important question: how to restore the phone numbers on Android? You can use the list of contacts saved on your Google account, by entering it from your phone.
How to transfer contacts to Android
1. Data transfer from vCard or CSV files via Google Contacts website
Android syncs all your contacts with Google servers (company-developer of this operating system) that are also stored in your Google account at http://www.google.com/contacts.
You need to create your account. All contacts are stored in Google mail. Your steps:
- Open your email account
- Click on an arrow next to the word “Gmail”
- Select “Contacts” in the drop-down menu.
The data export from your old device is implemented in csv (Microsoft Outlook and Outlook Express) and vCard formats.
This is very convenient because you can edit contacts from your computer even without your Android device. When auto-syncing data on your smartphone or tablet, all contacts are automatically transferred to your account where Google and stored there.
To transfer data from your account to Android you need to:
- Click “More”
- Select “Export” above the contact list
- Save your contacts in a convenient format
- Transfer them to the your smartphone memory
2. Data transfer to Android device using SD memory cards
Each vCard file stores one contact, making it easy to transfer the contact from one device to another. The SD card can easily import contacts in vCard format to Android smartphones. On the memory card you need to:
- Create a “Contacts” folder
- Copy all contacts in vCard format to the folder you created
- Go to “Contacts” application
- Select “Import/Export”
- Click “Import from SD card»
- All data will be transferred to your Smartphone, you can also make a backup copy on a flash drive.
3. Contacts transfer via Bluetooth
Almost all mobile devices have wireless Bluetooth, thus, it is very easy to transfer contacts to Android devices. You need to:
- Activate Bluetooth on your mobile phones
- Connect the phones via Bluetooth
- Enter the password if necessary
- Find “Select all” in the “Contacts” menu of your old mobile phone and specify “via Bluetooth”
- Transfer the contacts to your new phone.
4. Data transfer via MOBILedit! Pc Suite.
In order to make import/export of contacts more convenient, Android OS developers have created various applications, the most functional among which is MOBILedit! Pc Suite program. The program has a huge database of phone models, the ability to import and edit the data.
You should install Google Market applications on your computer:
- Attach it to your old phone via USB
- Synchronize your phone and PC
- The program will display the “Navigation” panel will the list of information on your phone
- Select “Phonebook”
- Click “Export”
- Save the phonebook in the required format,
- Disconnect your old phone
- Connect your Android OS smartfone
- Click “Import” on top of the window
- Specify the folder with contacts
- Transfer it to the new device.
How to transfer your contacts from Android to Android
The need to transfer contacts from Android to Android should not deter anyone from buying a new device. There are 2 simple ways. The first one does not require the Internet connection:
- Go to “Contacts” application
- Select “Import/Export” in the menu
- Choose and transfer to a storage device (sim, SD, USB). Open “Contacts” application on your new smartphone
- “Import from the storage device”.
That’s it! The second way that you already are familiar with is via your Google account (requirement: Internet connection and your account).
How to transfer your contacts from iPhone to Android
Changing iPhone to Android is not just switch to another brand, but also to the new operating system. This can lead to incompatibility of formats and phone books with contacts that makes data transfer more difficult.
You can watch the video about all possible ways of transferring contacts from iPhone to Android.
How to transfer your contacts from computer to Android
You can “pick up” or transfer contacts from PC to Android via your Google account, exporting files in cfv format.
How to transfer your contacts from Nokia to Android
The easiest and fastest way to transfer contacts from Nokia to Android is to export contact data from the Nokia PC Suite and import it to your Google account.
You need to connect the phone via Nokia PC Suite program to your computer:
- Start the Nokia Communication Center
- Select “Contacts”, and then choose those you want to transfer
- Select “File – Export” in csv.
- Save on computer
- Open Google Contacts
- Select the file import and download it.
On your smartphone:
- Open «Settings»
- “Data syncing”
- Import contacts to Android.
How to transfer your contacts from Simbian on Android
In order to transfer your contacts from Simbian to Android, you may use Google Contacts. But there is another easy way to do it.
- Open “Contacts”
- “Select All”
- “Copy” to “Memory card»
- In the folder e:/others/contacts contacts in vCard will appear.
- Open “Contacts”
- “Import to SD card”
- “All vCard files”
- Click “OK”.
How to transfer your contacts from Bada for Android
The easiest way to transfer contacts from Bada on Android is transfer them to an empty sim card and copy the contacts from this sim card to your new smartphone memory. Cons: the sim card does not support all phone book options (long names, multiple phone numbers added to one contact). The second way is well-known – via your Google account. If you accept Google auto-sync on your Android smartphone, then, before saving the new contact, your phone will request where to save it: phone, sim, or Google. This is convenient because the data can be saved in your account and edited from your computer. The third way is to transfer the desired contacts (.vcf format), using an external SD-memory card.