Skype is a Microsoft operated free online video chat application that was first released in 2005. This service allows you to communicate with your friends, families or colleagues by voice and video using a microphone and webcam. This is a highly popular communication application used by millions of users worldwide. In this article you will learn about how to download and install Skype application on your PC.
Below mentioned is the step-by-step guideline for downloading and installing Skype application on your Windows or Macintosh PC:
- First of all download the installer using the links provided in the Skype link section. From here you can download the installer for Windows.
- Now click on “Download Skype”.
- Once you click on the button, Skype starts downloading automatically. If it doesn’t happen follow the links provided in the windows below.
- Skype will download automatically. If not, follow the links in this window.
Now follow the below listed steps one-by-one:
- First of all open the “SkypeSetup.exe” file and then click on “Run”. It will open the installer.
- Now click on ‘Save File’ to save the setup application for Skype
- Click on the ‘SkypeSetup’ file in the ‘Downloads’ window.
- Now you have to follow the steps suggested by Skype setup wizard to complete the installation
- The installation of Skype app is now complete and you can sign in with your Skype user name and password.
If you are a Macintosh user then follow the instructions mentioned below:
First of all download the installer. To perform this you are recommended to use the links in the Skype Links section. By using these links you can download the Skype installer on your Mac OS X system.
Here you need to click the “Get Skype for Mac OS X” button.
- Once you click the button, downloading will begin automatically.
- Now go to the ‘Downloads’ folder and open the .dmg file.
- It will open Skype application as well as the ‘Applications’ folder.
- Drag the Skype application onto the Application. This will result in the successful installation of Skype on your system.
- Now simply launch Skype by going to your Applications folder and enjoy video conferencing through Skype application.
By following the above mentioned steps you can install Skype on your PC irrespective of whether it is Mac or Windows. Although these steps are duly tested and found helpful to even beginners but problems may occur during installation. In case you are not able to do it yourself then you are recommended to seek help of a professional PC expert.