The error 0xc00007b usually appears in your Windows operating system with the message “the application was unable to start correctly”. This issue mainly happens when you try to run applications that are not compatible with the version of Windows that you are using. Following the lines below will show you what you can do in order to fix the error message 0xc00007b “The application was unable to start correctly” and how to avoid this error message in the future.
Using your Windows operating system you should keep in mind that there are some applications and games that you can install on a 32-bit platform operating system and some applications and games that only work on a 64-bit operating system and that is why you get this error message. If the application is not compatible with your operating system then you will most likely get the 0xc00007b error.
Steps on how to fix 0xc00007b error “The application was unable to start correctly”
- First step that you will need to take is to reinstall the .NET framework with the latest version available by accessing the link below.
- Left click here to install the latest .NET framework
- If reinstalling the .NET framework did not work then you will need to uninstall the application or game that you are having this issue with.
- Reinstall the latest version of the application back to your system.
- Reboot your Windows operating system.
- Try running the application again and see if you still get the 0xc00007b error.
- Go to the root folder of the application you are trying to run.
- Right click or hold the tap button on the application executable file.
- Left click or tap on the Properties feature in the menu that appears.
- Left click or tap on the “Compatibility” tab situated in the upper side of the window.
- Now under the “Privilege Level” topic you will need to left click to check the box next to “Run this program as administrator”.
- Left click or tap on the “Apply” button in the lower side of this window.
- Left click or tap on the “OK” button in the lower side of this window.
- Now try running the application and see if you still get this error message.
After you reinstall the application or game you will need to restart the Windows operating system as soon as it prompts you for a reboot. Note: Most of the applications or games will require a reboot of the system after installation.
Install all available updates in your Windows 8.1, Windows 10 operating system by accessing the “Windows Updates” feature.
- Left click or tap on the link below in order to download and install the latest Microsoft Visual C++
- Left click or tap here to install Microsoft Visual C++
- Reboot the Windows operating system after the installation process is completed and try you application now.
For various PC problems, we recommend to use this tool.
- Download ReimagePlus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Click “Start Scan” to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Press the “Windows” key and right click on the “cmd” icon you are presented there.
- Select the “Run as administrator” feature.
- You now have command prompt with administrative privileges in front of you.
- Write in the command prompt window the following: “c: /f /r” without the quotes .
- Press the “Enter” button on the keyboard. Note: If you have more than one partitions you need to check you should write the command above but change the partition and press the “Enter” button (example “e: /f /r” which will check the “E” partition).