No matter what you call it – deleting, canceling or removing – when you want to be rid of your Skype account. It’s yet not workable to delete your Skype account with a single click, but in fact the devil is not so black as he is painted. It’s possible to remove all information related to your account from the avatar to your private messages now.
It takes only a few of steps to say goodbye to your Skype account:
1. Remove all your personal information from your Skype profile 
Launch your Skype application. When open, log into your Skype account. View your profile.
In the menu bar, click Skype → Profile → Edit Your Profile.
On Mac OS:
Click File → Edit Profile.
Click your Skype Name and select Edit Profile.
Remove any personal information. Clear out your name, picture, mood, phone number, and email addresses.
Only your Skype Name remains. After you have removed all personal information, there’s only that. However, people can still find you and attempt to contact you with that screen name.
2. Delete all chat messages you have ever sent to all your contacts from everywhere
With Delete Skype History Network Edition program you delete all your sent messages everywhere – from all your and your chat partners’ devices – PCs, Mac OSs, Android and iOS smartphones and tables – as well as Skype cloud servers. So all evidence related to your account will disappear from Skype server forever and nobody will be able to restore it. In other words – it’s the guarantee for your privacy .
3. Block and remove Skype contacts in a list
You can block a contact to prevent them from communicating with you: calling you, sending you instant messages and seeing your status. Also you can remove contacts from your contact list and don’t see them.
On Windows :
- Go to the Contacts or Recent tab, right-click the contact’s name and select Block This Person.
- In the message box, tick Remove from your Contact list if you wish to remove that person from your contacts. If you want to alert Skype and report the contact, tick Report abuse.
- Click Block.
On Mac OS :
- Find the person in your contact list. Go to the sidebar and click Contacts, then in the contact list bar, click Skype.
- Right-click the contact you would like to block and select Block [name of the contact].
- A message box appears with the prompt: “Are you sure you want to block [name of the contact].
- Click Block. The contact is deleted from your contact list and blocked.
On Linux :
4. Delete conversation history, sign-in logs, list of Skype calls with Delete Skype Account
You sign in to Skype at home, at work, at café or other public and not safe places. Skype as the messenger keeps conversation history on every device where you’ve signed in, so everyone who use them after you could recover some information which you would not be like to share. With Delete Skype Account application you remove all Skype account related information on PC, e.g. conversation history, sign-in logs, list of Skype calls .
5. Uninstall Skype
To completely uninstall Skype:
On Windows :
- On your keyboard, press the Windows key and R at the same time. The Run window opens.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click OK.
- Select Skype from the list, right-click and select Remove or Uninstall.
On Mac OS :
- Quit Skype by selecting Skype → Quit Skype.
- Open your Applications folder and drag your copy of Skype to the trash.
- Then open ~/Library/Application Support and drag the Skype folder to the trash. The “~” sign represents your home folder. To find your home folder, open Finder and, from the menu bar, select Go → Home.
On Linux :
- On the Top Menu Bar click on System → Administration → Synaptic Package Manager. Search for Skype
- Click on the checkbox next to the package Skype and click on Mark for complete removal.
- Click on Apply and a Summary Window will pop up. Click on Apply again.
- The uninstall process should start by Removing Skype and Applying Changes.
Following these steps you make Skype a safer environment without any evidence of your account usage – personal data, contact list, chat messages on your and partners’ computers, smartphones, tabs as well as on Skype servers!