Skype is now owned by the Microsoft hence it comes as a built-in app in Microsoft’s Windows 10 itself. Despite coming as a pre-installed program in the operating system, Skype still needs to be set up before you can use it to stay in touch with your friends, relatives, and colleagues.
To set up Skype on Windows 10, the PC must be connected to the Internet. Although it is recommended that you use your Microsoft account to set up and sign-in to Skype, if you want, you can also use a different, already existing Skype ID while setting up your Skype account.
Steps to set up Skype on a Windows 10 computer are given below:
- Log on to your Windows 10 computer.
- From the bottom-left corner of the desktop screen, click Start.
- Click the Skype tile from the right section of the Start menu.
Note: If there is no Skype tile present in the Start menu, you can find it by clicking the All apps option from the bottom of the left section of the menu.
- From the Skype’s Sign in window, click the Microsoft account button.
Note: Alternatively, you can also click the Skype Name button to use a different Skype ID, or click the Sign in with Facebook link to sign-in to Skype with your Facebook account.
- In the available fields in the next window, provide your Microsoft account’s username and password and click Sign in.
- Wait until Skype prepares itself for further processing.
- Wait until your new account is created and you are successfully signed-in to Skype.
- Once done, if needed, configure your Skype account as per your preferences.
About The Author
Vivek Nayyar, an ex-corporate and academic trainer on Microsoft and Virtualization platforms, is currently associated with Elerion LLC., Slovakia in the capacity of Senior Windows Administrator and Chief Editor. Vivek also works as System Administrator for a local organization and is a freelance IT Consultant. Before entering into IT industry, Vivek gained more than 9 years of experience in sales & marketing field while working as an indoor consultant, TO manager and then as branch manager in an Indian timeshare company which was affiliated with Resort Condominium International (RCI). Because of Vivek’s wide experience in sales & marketing as a branch manager, where his job also included grooming consultants’ personality and their communication, he now plans to write some guide books on personality grooming and improving sales pitch.