Adding groups of users to Lync 2013 via distribution lists is a quick and easy way to populate your contacts list. However, there are a few restrictions you must be made aware of:
- No Dynamic distribution lists, only lists where you add members manually will work.
- The maximum number of users that Lync can expand from a list is 100.
- Adding the distribution list does not enable the trust relationship, users must be copied to the local contact list (guide further below).
- The maximum number of local contacts in Lync is 250, which is a hard limit that cannot be changed.
- Lync 2013’s maximum number of client connections is 200. Beyond 200 people in a meeting, presence information is not updated.
Adding distribution lists
1. Type the name of the distribution group in the search field.
2. Right-click on the group and choose Add to Contacts List.
3. Groups look a little differently than local contact lists. Notice the 2 grey people icon: that tells you it’s a distribution list, not a local contact list.
4. To enable presence information, drag contacts from the distribution list to a local contact list and then follow the instructions in this guide.