Skype is without a doubt the most popular messaging service, and although millions of users use Skype every day, some of them aren’t pleased with some of its features. One feature that users are complaining about is autocorrect and today we’re going to show you how to disable Skype autocorrect in Windows 10.
How to disable Skype autocorrect in Windows 10?
Autocorrect is a useful feature if you sometimes misspell certain words. With autocorrect turned on, all your words will be automatically corrected if they aren’t properly spelled. This can be useful, but sometimes autocorrect might be wrong and replace the misspelled word with some completely different word thus making you enter the same word again. If English is not your native language, autocorrect can sometimes change the words from your native language to English causing even more problems. These are just some minor inconveniences that can occur with autocorrect, so it’s no wonder that many users want to disable this feature in Skype.
How to – Disable Skype autocorrect
Solution 1 – Change Typing settings in Settings app
According to users, the simplest way to turn off Skype autocorrect is to change the Typing settings in Settings app. To do that, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button and choose Settings app.
- Go to Devices > Typing.
- Turn off Autocorrect misspelled words and Highlight misspelled words options.
READ ALSO: Fix: Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details Skype error
For various PC problems, we recommend to use this tool.
- Download ReimagePlus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Click “Start Scan” to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
Bear in mind that autocorrect feature is based on your keyboard input language, so keep a close eye on which keyboard input language are you using.
Solution 2 – Uncheck Auto correct in Skype
According to users, you can easily fix this issue simply by changing few settings in Skype. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Skype.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Go to IM & SMS > IM Settings and click Show advanced options.
- Uncheck Auto correct and highlight misspelled words.
- After unchecking this option, click the Save button to save changes.
Solution 3 – Edit the registry
According to users, for some unknown reason the Typing tab in Settings app might not be visible, but you can circumvent this limitation by editing your registry. To do that, follow these steps:
- Press Windows Key + R and enter regedit. Click OK or press Enter.
- When Registry Editor starts, navigate to the following key HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2072414048-1790450332-1544196057-1001\Software\Microsoft\TabletTip\1.7.
- In the right pane, double click EnableAutocorrection DWORD and double click it. Set its Value data to 0. Repeat the same steps for EnableSpellchecking DWORD.
- After you’re done, close Registry Editor and check if the problem is resolved.
Autocorrect is a useful feature but sometimes it can be a hindrance, so you might want to disable it. To disable autocorrect in Skype, be sure to try some of our solutions.
We recommend this tool to update all your drivers automatically
Downloading drivers manually can be a long and tedious process. Outdated drivers can often cause crashes, file loss and even permanent damage to your computer. DriverUpdater quickly and automatically downloads all the drivers that you need:
- Download DriverAgent Plus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Once the download is complete start DriverUpdater.
- Click the Start Scan button and let the tool download all the necessary drivers.