Millions of users use Skype every day for communication, but it seems that Windows 10 users are having some issues with it. According to them, there are various problems available with Skype and auto sign in option on Windows 10.
Skype auto sign in problems on Windows 10, how to fix them?
Fix – Skype auto sign in Windows 10
Solution 1 – Check the Skype options menu
Some users reported that auto sign in option is missing from the main screen, and that can sometimes cause issues for users, especially if they want to turn on or off the auto sign in option. This option was moved to the General settings in Skype, and you can turn it off or on by following these steps:
- Start Skype.
- Go to Tools > Options.
- Locate Sign me in when Skype starts option and uncheck it if you want to disable this option or check it if you want to turn it on.
- After you’re done, click the Save button to save changes.
Solution 2 – Use Sign in with Facebook option
According to users, the auto sign in button will appear on the main screen if you use Sign in with Facebook option. Although this is a simple workaround, it won’t work if you don’t have a Facebook account or if your Skype isn’t connected with Facebook.
Solution 3 – Reset all Skype settings
Users reported that Skype logs them in automatically even though the auto sign in option is disabled. This is a strange problem, but it can be fixed by resetting the Skype settings. To do that, follow these steps:
For various PC problems, we recommend to use this tool.
- Download ReimagePlus (100% safe download and endorsed by us).
- Click “Start Scan” to find Windows issues that could be causing PC problems.
- Click “Repair All” to fix all issues.
- Close Skype completely. If needed, close Skype from Task Manager.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %appdata%. Click OK or press Enter.
- When Roaming folder opens, locate Skype folder and rename it to Skype.old.
- Press Windows Key + R and enter %temp%\skype.
- Delete the DbTemp folder.
Try starting Skype again and check if the issue is resolved. Bear in mind that your chat logs will be deleted by using this solution, but you should be able to restore them from Skype.old folder if you need them.
- READ ALSO: Fix: Sorry we didn’t recognize your sign in details Skype error
Solution 4 – Reinstall Skype
According to users, if Skype keeps auto signing in, you can fix that simply by reinstalling it. Users reported that after uninstalling and reinstalling the Skype application this problem was resolved, so be sure to give it a try. Before reinstalling Skype be sure that you download the latest version of Skype in order to avoid these types of problems in the future.
Solution 5 – Disable Skype notifications
Users reported that Skype keeps auto signing in every time they check their Hotmail. This issue seems to affect users that use their Hotmail account to access Skype, but there’s a way to fix this problem. Supposedly, you can fix this problem by turning off certain Skype notifications. Bear in mind that this is just a workaround, but few users reported that it works for them, so you might want to give it a try. To do that, follow these steps:
- Open Skype and go to Tools > Options.
- Go to Notification settings and make sure that comes online option is not checked.
- Click Save to save changes.
This looks like a strange solution, but few users claim that it works, so it won’t hurt you to try it.
Solution 7 – Use ListFix
If auto sign in for Skype isn’t working in Windows 10, you might want to use ListFix application. This application will allow you to clear Skype cache, and that will hopefully fix this problem. To use this application follow these steps:
- Completely close Skype.
- Download ListFix.
- After the tool is downloaded, extract it.
- Run the tool.
- Select and shared.xml and click Clear Skype names.
- After the process is completed, click on Clear Skype cookies.
- Close ListFix application and try to run Skype again.
Skype auto sign in option can be useful, but it can also cause all sorts of problems for the users. If you’re having any issues with Skype auto sign in option on Windows 10, be sure to check some of our solutions.