ICQ 99 Feature List
*Message History – Contains the message history, the message archive and advanced find.
— Message Archive – In the past History saved selected communication events such as incoming/outgoing url, messages. Now you have record of every communication event you sent or received.
— Advanced Find – A thorough search through your Archive.
— Print – You can print your events from your archive.
* Random Chat – The feature is more detailed. * White Pages – The ultimate ICQ search engine for finding ICQ users according to a wide variety of search criterium. * User Info – You can advertise more personal information and retrieve more information from other ICQ users. * Birthday – Retrieve the birthdate of your friends and announce your own. By doing so your friends will be reminded of the occasion. * The ICQ Home Page Factory – Create your own ICQ homepage. When you log on, other ICQ users could visit your ICQ site. * Homepage Directory/ Category – List your homepage under a category so that other ICQ users who share your interest can find you.
* Plug Ins – See the added events to the ICQ client: — Greeting Cards – Send your ICQ friends an ICQ Greeting through the ICQ servers. — Voice Message – Send your ICQ Friends voice messages.
* ICQ Email – The email feature is much developed. In addition to the existing options you can now send email through ICQ. — Email – ICQ messages that contain more than 450 characters automatically launch the ICQ Email. — Forward by Email – You can forward messages you received by ICQ, by email. — Copy Email – You can copy your email messages.
* Colored Messages – You can color your messages so the recipient will get a colorful notice from you. * Sound Effects – You can configure sound effects for typing your messages. * Groups – You can organize people on your contact list in groups (co-workers, friends, family etc.) * LDAP – You can search for people in other email directories. * Alert / Accept Mode – Configure new sounds to your incoming events and various alerts. * Global Online Alert – When a user logs online there will be a knocking sound, an icon will flash in your system tray and the user’s name will flash in on your list. * Sound Schemes – New sound schemes are available for you to configure with ICQ. * Improved Phone Features – More options for regular telephony.
* New Services: — Phone Available Status – You can state your availability by phone through the Services buttons. — Reminders – Set ICQ to remind you of future events and activities. — Notes – Write yourself memos and notes to leave on your screen. — ToDo – Organize what you have to do in a reminding system.
* WebSearch – You can now search the web through the ICQ client. You can also get an update on things, translate words into other languages, find definitions for words and more. * Word List Filter – You can filter incoming events from words you find abusive.
* Chat: — Chat Playback – You can save your chat session and play it back later. — Chat Actions/Emotions – You can insert actions and gestures into your chat from a preset array.
* Much, much more!!
Return to the Articles index