The bot-revolution has taken over, and everyone is building a bot. In this post we take you through creating your first bot using Python/Flask. The codebase can be found here on Github.
Developers of Facebook Messenger bots now have five new messaging tags to deploy in specific use cases beyond the Messenger Platform Policy 24-hour window.
- Appointment update: The APPOINTMENT_UPDATE tag may only be used to provide updates about an existing appointment. For example, when there is a change in time, a location update or a cancellation (such as when a spa treatment is canceled, a real estate agent needs to meet you at a new location or a dental office proposes a new appointment time).
- Game event: The GAME_EVENT tag may only be used to provide an update on user progression, a global event in a game or a live sporting event. For example, when a person’s crops are ready to be collected, their building is finished, their daily tournament is about to start or their favorite soccer team is about to play.
- Transportation update: The TRANSPORTATION_UPDATE tag may only be used to confirm updates to an existing reservation. For example, when there is a change in status of any flight, train or ferry reservation (such as “ride canceled,” “trip started” or “ferry arrived”).
- Feature functionality update: The FEATURE_FUNCTIONALITY_UPDATE tag may only be used to provide an update on new features or functionality that become available in a bot. For example, announcing the ability to talk to a live agent in a bot, or that the bot has a new skill.
- Ticket update: The TICKET_UPDATE tag may only be used to provide updates pertaining to an event for which a person already has a ticket. For example, when there is a change in time, a location update or a cancellation (such as when a concert is canceled, the venue has changed or a refund opportunity is available).
I have to admit it. I don’t often connect my third-party OS X chat clients with Facebook. I tend to get really distracted when someone starts messaging me through Facebook, more so than my other chat channels. So, I haven’t tested a lot of Facebook messenger apps.
How to Disable the SMS Feature in Facebook Messenger
Posted June 26, 2016
Continue reading “How to Disable the SMS Feature in Facebook Messenger”
Enough already with all the whining about Facebook Messenger, Facebook’s new standalone mobile messaging app! It’s Facebook! They make their money from watching everything you do on the net! What did you expect their new messaging-only app to do?
If you’re late to this tempest in a teapot, in April, Facebook announced it would kill off the chat feature in its Android, Windows Phone, and iOS apps. Instead, it would require users to download Facebook Messenger to chat with friends. Facebook argued that the reason for this move is that the Messenger app is 20 percent faster then messaging using the all-in-one Facebook app.
Facebook: Pin Favorite Friends to the Top of Chat List
Posted February 19, 2014
Continue reading “Facebook”
Facebook describes the app as supporting notifications and includes live tile integration to flag up waiting messages.
Facebook has posted details of its universal Windows 10 Messenger app on Microsoft’s Windows Store, but the beta isn’t yet available to download.
Facebook this week released a Facebook Messenger app for Windows Phone 8. A bit belatedly when you consider the versions for Android and iOS arrived about two years ago. But the big question isn’t so much the timing. It’s, what’s the point?
Facebook Messenger is Facebook’s instant message solution. It provides instant messaging (IM, or text messaging) capabilities, and it’s of course free to the social network service’s customers. It’s roughly analogous to Skype, the now-defunct Windows Live Messenger, or Apple iMessage.